De-Badged Photoshop

Well said mate. I will be debadging mine as I live in the middle of a hick Turkish university town and couldn't give a toss what the local peasants/students think. They probably don't even know what an Audi is. Folk treated my MkV Golf as if it was a Ferrari so God knows what they will make of this. Serious poverty in this place. I haven't seen one A3 in my time here....4 years!!

I am off to the city first thing tomorrow morning troops to pick it up!!!

The anticipation is murder. I have been counting the days for the past month. Now I am down to counting the hours.

Will post pics as soon as I get it.

Yeeeehaaaa. :rockwoot:

the "." fell of mine today while washing it so I thought what the hell and too the whole badge off. Looks better I think, not sure if I'm going to take the "A3" badge off too though.

rob1210 said:
the "." fell of mine today while washing it so I thought what the hell and too the whole badge off. Looks better I think, not sure if I'm going to take the "A3" badge off too though.

I've had both the A3 and 1.8T removed - looks much nicer IMO. Added an S-Line badge though!

Rob your A3 is looking :hubbahubba: After the photoshop I'm defo taking all 3 badges off. Some say it looks plain I say it looks nice :icon_thumright:

Akoyarear.jpg
N8A3DBO.jpg

I defo prefer the one on the right.....looks :thumbsup: to me

get yourself some Jeffs Werkstatt from Polished Bliss, lovely shine.

Not sure about the rings, I think the A3 badge should come off though. I think the white SB without the rings looks frickin lovely though.

Funnily enough Rob, I've been pm'in Clark over on Detailing World for abit now and have so far built up a £500 shopping list (wish list) from their site!! The white one does look fantastic, but I just like the back of the car looking crisp! If I'm the only one who feels like that GREAT

I'm going to de-badge mine, as i know have a 20 litre tdi as the . dropped off.

Sorry but you pay extra for an Audi and then disguise it so the man in the street thinks its a Skoda...or worse....
You have lost me here !!
I suppose to you it will look good but remember that to 99.9% of the rest of the population it will be just another hatchback and 99.9% of them wouldn't notice if it had badges on anyway.
Soory to pee on your fireworks :laugh:

You're not peeing on anyones fire Paddy. If you actually read :readit: I am not de-badging to hide what car it is, anyone with half a brain cell knows what car it is, I'm doing it as I prefer the fresh look

N8

Well if it suits you, go for it mate. There is presiouse little left in the world concerning cars that you can do without upsetting everybody:happy: . I am not sure about it....sort of 50/50 in my book. It does look better but there is the point made earlier about the 318 Beemer...
At the end of the day if your happy thats what matters. Post a pic when its done.

PS, i presume they are just stick on ?

Yeh. LOL. Yeh I understand your point for view completley, but I know the reasons why I'm taking them off :icon_thumright:

Thanks

Nath

orite guys, as far as i see its down to personal choise, iv taken all the badges off mine as i like the smooth look. i like the lines in a car to flow and badges, side repeaters etc all break the lines. you can see mine debadged on page 9 of the "post pics of your car" bit, cheers guys

ye it has to be smooth all the way, i would love to have the handles and side repeaters removed and smoothed but its just too much work and hassle, plus if your key fob broke you would be stuck out the car, so i think i will just accept that i need to keep them.

also some of you guys on here care to much about letting people know your cars are powerful by leaving the engine size on it. i personaly prefer to show people who think its slow with my right foot, just a personal opinion tho.

cheers mark

Didnt want to start a new thread, but what do you guys think of debadging a red S3?

I want to leave the rings on, but remove the S3 badge. The S3 badge doesnt stand out as much as on a white or black car (due to the redness), but i think i'm diggin the cleanish look.

What say you guys?

bowfer said:
I prefer it with the badges.
Some people use the term 'clean', I would use the word 'bare'.
I have no problem people knowing what I drive.
I'm not into making people 'guess', or (worse) trying to hide something.
Like the bloke who drives a debadged 318 near where I live.
Come on mate, we can see the peashooter exhaust.
Don't be embarrassed.:)
always manages to sneak BMWs in to the topic haha,and i think leave the hoops lose the rest:)

Bowfer said:
Like the bloke who drives a debadged 318 near where I live

sure the pea shooter gives it away but be weary of debadged W124 Mercs with flared front wings - they could be E500s...

had a proper laugh in one of those GTI baiting - childish I know :asskicking:

mitch78 said:
Get rid of it all, S3 and rings.

Got rid of my rings ages ago and I've finally plucked up the courage and my S3 badge is coming off tomorrow.

My rings are staying where they are. Oh errr!! :moa:

rob1210 said:

My 'I' came off yesterday while washing the car as well, so did the same and removed the whole badge - I've left the A3 for the moment as well - toying with the idea of removing it, though not sure at the moment.

no1markyb said:
ye it has to be smooth all the way, i would love to have the handles and side repeaters removed and smoothed but its just too much work and hassle, plus if your key fob broke you would be stuck out the car, so i think i will just accept that i need to keep them.

also some of you guys on here care to much about letting people know your cars are powerful by leaving the engine size on it. i personaly prefer to show people who think its slow with my right foot, just a personal opinion tho.

cheers mark

..talking of which, the 2008 A3 has no side indicators. Instead they're in the mirrors now. C'mon N8KOW, add it to your 'to do' list ;)

N8KOW said:
By the way, I don't like your tone....:detective2:

Chill dude - there's a compliment in there somewhere :cool:
P.S. See my avatar for pics of the 19s :icon_thumright:

I doubt it. I don't like the new shape A3 anyway. Your avatar looks like the grey one from the B&B site. I get my car tomorrow, I cannot wait

marms said:
I removed the A3 and the 2.0TDi when I took delivery of the car but left the four rings because I think it looks kind of odd without these.

I did this too. Gonna get a new set of rings and colour code them to my car though - think that will look better.

On the white it looks good - the silver one looks like a Mazda - but that's probably just the angle.