Retrofit light sensors?

Garth_S3

Reaction score
Righto, my new A3 gets delivered in less than 2 weeks, but because Grosvenor are completely incompetent, they didn't order light and rain sensor pack like I specced. Grrrrrrr.

The main thing I want is the auto dimming mirror but also would like auto lights. (I'm not too concerned about the rain sensors).
How easy is it to fit these and can I just get the parts as a kit?

Cheers

I'd liek auto lights too (my last A3 had them, when you opened the car in the dark the head&tail lights came on and it looked **** hot)

But it sounds complicated.....

Dont think all of this can be added very easily, but some have installed the dimmng mirror not an audi one though.
Someone more informed will be along im sure.
If its not what you ordered why except it.

not trying to be 'clever' but did the dealer ask you to sign a copy of the order (i.e. spec)? If they did and you signed it's unfortunate, if they didn't - it's their problem to meet your spec

steveg9 said:
not trying to be 'clever' but did the dealer ask you to sign a copy of the order (i.e. spec)? If they did and you signed it's unfortunate, if they didn't - it's their problem to meet your spec
Out of my hands unfortunately. I placed the order with the lease company and they ordered it from Audi. On my comfirmation from the lease company it had everything, but on the final invoice, (just got it today) the sensor is omited. Sure, there's the chance that I'm going to get it for free, but it's not blody likely!!

I had the reverse situation. I ordered my new Sportback with dimming door mirrors and it came with dimming and folding mirrors. The dealer checked the orders and the order I signed said just dimming and their order to Audi was for just dimming, but the factory fitted dimming and folding.

Needless to say I only paid for dimming.