Fitting BOSE sub/amp

jmohide

Reaction score
Just been reading the other thread about peoples views on the BOSE system and I have a question.

I have noticed that there are the BOSE sub/amp systems knocking about on ebay and am just wondering, how hard are they to fit? Also am I being a tiny bit naive/optimistic thinking that all I will need is the sub/amp part number 8p3035382?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :icon_thumright:

The Bose sub isn't exactly very good either.
Probably because Audi have only given them limited space to work with.
I'd venture most aftermarket subs would be better, but you'd have to find somewhere to put it.

Ah god, this is gonna hurt.

I have to agree with Bowfer on this.

The Bose sub (made by nokia from memory) is about as bassy as a doormouse in a biscuit tin, and readily attempts self destruction, even with the bass set to 0.

It's only benefit is it's discretion, i.e. you actually have some boot space.

Eeef said:
Ah god, this is gonna hurt.

I have to agree with Bowfer on this.

The Bose sub (made by nokia from memory) is about as bassy as a doormouse in a biscuit tin, and readily attempts self destruction, even with the bass set to 0.

It's only benefit is it's discretion, i.e. you actually have some boot space.

I must have a different Bose System to you two then, because mine is great and the bass sounds good...

And I listen to music quite loud, but not so loud that people think I'm a ***** and my ears start to bleed...

magnus911 said:
I must have a different Bose System to you two then, because mine is great and the bass sounds good...

I think mine sounds fine too, for what it is.
It's a neat OE install that doesn't cost the earth.
But those same things work against it too, in that it's built to fit into funny shaped spaces and built down to a price.
Aftermarket can kick it's sorry ****, but I can't be bothered with it these days.
I've had my time of amps bolted to the back of rear seats, making loading anything a right pain etc.etc.

I have a dislike to BOSE, the sub is the worst, it doesn't know the meaning of bass.

Thanks for the responses everyone, clearly was too good to be true!!!

I had aftermarket in my old car so will probably just go with that again as it seems by far and away the best option when it comes to retrofitting it.

The stupid thing is that you can easily fit a decent MDF or fibregalss enclosure in the same limited space, fit it with a decent 6.5 or even 8" sub and power it with something decent. the am can be hidden behind the rear speaker panel in the 3 door and the system will be totally transformed. Why Bose couldn't have used their own enclosure rather than the same ****** plastic tupperware box fitted to the non Bose system is beyond me.
Anyone who thinks the bass is good from this biscuit tin really does need medical help.