S3 or RB5 ????????????????

jamieface

the only S3 in the villiage
Reaction score
What do you guys think ??? Im seriously tempted to get one of these RB5's. Whats the opinion of you fellas ?????????
Which one is quicker point to point,nicer to driver,cheaper to run etc etc

Subaru Impreza special edition. when richard burns won the WRC. they made 2 models a RB5 and a RB5 WR Sport one was about 225bhp the other was about 290-320bhp.I think !!!

You've got to get a P1 if getting an Impreza. Depends on what you want out of a motor

RB5 will whip the pants of the S3. just depends if you are a fan of the boxer sound (as I am) and you like cheap plasticky interiours?!
I like Scoobys, cheap, fast, fun and grip like **** to a blanket.
S3's are loads more refined and comftable.
They are both very different cars to compare though.
Heart says RB5, brain says S3.

Heart says RB5, brain says S3.

That just sums it up nicely !!!
Only bought the S# because the missus was scared of getting an impreza !! But i fel in ove with the S3 when i drove one but i still have a craving for an RB5 !

I owned a Wrx, RB5 WR sport with the Prodrive suspension, and a modified P1, as standard they are nothing special (p1 was), and are chalk and cheese compared to the S3. My brother now has a modified P1 and leaves my S3, but as they are getting on a bit and have been hammered, they are more costly to maintain and run a daily basis. His clutch failed in the first few weeks, and I suspect that now the suspension needs refreshing an updating all round. The Rb5 looked good, and needed the usual full decat, fuel pump, remap, plus a strict diet of Optimax. Fun to drive, but I'm too old for one now, and could not face the running costs my brother now has, we both find it hard not to modify cars, and hard not to drive them hard, if you can leave a car standard and buy a knock link, don't drive it daily, and can afford the rebuild then go for it. After being there and done it, I'd never go back. But if you've not owned one before, and have some spare cash, do it :) I was tempted for a fouth, but would only buy a Jap Sti Ver 5 or 6 with a 'rebuilt' engine, the jap cars over the UK cars, have lighter panels, better turbos, better IC (Sti), alloy wishbones, different spec cams. I don't think a std Rb5 220bhp would have much over a S3 tbh. If you are interested get on rb5woc web site :)

I think if you are lucky enough to get behind the wheel of an RB5, it will decide it for you, probably one of the best Classic Impreza's out the box along with the P1 coupe. S3 is a refined barge in comparison, comfortable, quick'ish, refined, well built, a good all rounder, but a driver's car it isn't, not involving enough.