NEW!! jabba Turbo!

that price wasn't with VAT so total bill is £5260, that does include mapping etc but its alot of money, even tempted to get the kit myself and fit it! its all from the top so cant be that hard! they do supply instructions!

ouch!

I looked at kits and couldn;t get my head round the price. didn't add up.
we know how much the bits are as you can buy them seperately, we know how much the MAPs are as you can buy them seperately, we know how much labour is involved as they already charge through the nose for other jobs...even with all that there is a massive profit margin. take into account the bulk buy of parts they must get in and it is even higher.

no disrespect to people who have had them done and drive in drive out with a new shiny BT car.
but i was more interested in learning something, getting my hands dirty and saving some serious cash.
Money i will have saved paid for KW coilovers, RS4 brakes and Porsche 4 pots with some change left for polybushes/control arms and geometry!!!

takes a bit longer, but you do get that warm feeling of acheivement

maybe i should just order the kit and fit it myself?! i could use my mates work shop so no worries there! How hard are one of these kits to put on? i would just have to get them to mapp it, id have to get it on a trailer!!

If you keep off boost you should be ok to drive it.
These prices are mad,perhaps i should start up myself!!

lol i no! £3700 just for the kit thats not with mapping or fitting! i really want it but its just so much money!

Can you buy the manifold only from jbs? Then buy a gt3071 or gt3076, lines and stuff?Could you send me this quote from jbs?

yea ill send the quote over! dunno about the different turbo! i would i i knew where to get all the bits from!

Actually not a bad quote.perhaps a gt3071/76 might be a bit mch for standard pistons??

ed, could you pm me the quote? i'm stil waitin for mike 2 send me 1

Back onto 1/4 miles.

This car, 1700Kg, 20" wheels, still ran 12.5@112mph at Santa Pod.

Total cost for brand new car is under 25K, which is a LOT less than an Audi TT and a big turbo upgrade.

new001.jpg

Hence my comments about Steves TT not appearing all that fast considering the Bhp and the $$$$ thrown at it.

12mpg..............! vs near 30mpg

20-25mpg actually.

The old 70's Mustangs do 12mpg, but modern V8s are crazy economical. Even the GT500 does 17 US miles per gallon, which is 21ish UK mpg.

So you can have a 500Bhp, 480 ft.lb car that does 21mpg for 30K brand new imported into the UK. (pic above is a GT Mustang with Saleen charger so 25Kish)

That said, you have to put up with left hand drive.

Modern American muscle cars are nothing like the things people think they are, they DO go round corners and they are very fast at doing so, Top Gear even had one up against an Exige, and it did pretty bloomin well.

I'm biased though, I've got my German hatred on as I'm bitter about spending so much on the Audi and it still not being all that amazing.

edward_harris said:
what power would the gt3071/76 produce ryan?
gt3071 about 450max
gt3076 about 500max

dave my evo + mods probably cost less than your turbo conversion!
Full standalone ,a real 350/350,will outhandle nearly everything!
1/4 12.8s at santa pod!

Hi, where did you get these prices from?

The JBS site quotes a fully installed 450bhp 1900cc re-bore as £11,000 !!!!

The IHI no longer has a listed price.

steve-tt said:
that was jabba ryan not jbs as far as i know?jbs did Bills with no problems.here you go:
"The JBS IHI Stage 3 turbo conversion uses a custom developed JBS hybrid IHI based turbo with astounding spool up response and efficiency with a max of 450bhp! Our turbo features a 49lb minute compressor and a huge TDO6H sized turbine wheel with an 11 blade turbine head. This turbo set up requires our ST316SS SC40 stainless steel IHI equal length manifold to achieve maximum bhp.

Stage 3 turbo conversion kit starts from £2880.20 including VAT

JBS IHI Hybrid Turbo capable of 450bhp"

So, what did you put on yr car and what is it pushing out after its remap?

I'm thinking of going with a Golf V6 as the power that can be extracted safely with a turbo is enormous. But, yet again, the "Kits" are extortionate. And thats just to get up to the same power my old impreza was pushing out on near standard components.

I'd like the S3 as I love the look, but having had near 400bhp its tough to see 270 (with a remap), on a car that weighs almost the same, being any fun at all.

jcb said:
ouch!

I looked at kits and couldn;t get my head round the price. didn't add up.
we know how much the bits are as you can buy them seperately, we know how much the MAPs are as you can buy them seperately, we know how much labour is involved as they already charge through the nose for other jobs...even with all that there is a massive profit margin. take into account the bulk buy of parts they must get in and it is even higher.

no disrespect to people who have had them done and drive in drive out with a new shiny BT car.
but i was more interested in learning something, getting my hands dirty and saving some serious cash.
Money i will have saved paid for KW coilovers, RS4 brakes and Porsche 4 pots with some change left for polybushes/control arms and geometry!!!

takes a bit longer, but you do get that warm feeling of acheivement