Concert I to Concert II

Munchkinfairy

Reaction score
Hello,
Hope you don't mind me visiting, but I normally reside in the TT-Forum. I was advised to come and chat to you guys as you know your stuff :respekt: .
Here is my dilema. I have an early Jan registered 2002 225 Coupe, so probably a late 2001 model. I have just found out the HU was not originally fitted with the car, as I got the manual out and it is for a Chorus (with double kn0b). The concert I have fitted has the volume problem so need to change anyway. The issues are - there is no dash display, does not turn on/off with ignition,and turn off after 2 hours. I thought this was normal, but now I have found out this is not so.... I have also been told that if this HU came from a non Bose car, then it will not be working mine??
I want to change to the Concert II. Will I be able to just change over, will everything work inluding Bose and CD changer, and are they all the same size for the Concert II, they look the same on e-bay?? Will I need any more wires etc - what's this can-bus thingy people go on about, do I need one?
Hope you can answer my questions!

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi your my only hope!

If you have a concert 1 now and the car was upposed to have a chorus II, then it should be a straight swap, unless anyone has hacked the wires. Chorus II used canbus and so should the concert II. The car is BOSE, not the radio, it's just looking for a pin to ground on one of the connectors to change to BOSE or not.

The TT used a special concert II that recessed it's control knobs when the lid was shut down over it. These are quite rare to find. You can use a normal concert II but you will not be able to pull the silver flap down.

Thanks S8Craig - do the buttons not push in like on the concert I, so the flap can come down??