Black grille mod... any 1 done it???

scott_johnson

Reaction score
hey all. as above. Just wunderd if any 1 has done it recently and if they used a matt or a shiney finish???? + what primer / paint used??? cheers

do u mean painting the silver bit that surrounds the grille? i considered doing this to my A3 but unsure of what it will look like on a black car...

yeh the chrome surround. the links are pretty brief though. so the general consent is matt black with no laquer?? would look mint on my black s3. got the black xenon mod aswell. looks the nuts...........

Black xenon mod you say? I remember there was a guy on here who had blacked out his grille and painted the inside of his headlights, looked very nice.

In terms of spraying the chrome grille bit, remove it from the actual grille, sand it down good and proper (if you want the paint job to last), spray with grey primer, and put on a few coats of matt black paint. It's also a good idea to give it a very quick coat of lacquer to preserve the finish and protect the paint.

yeh.. gunna post some old pics of my car........ im having a full correction detailed carried out by tony from swissvax so new pics to follow......... ill post up a new thred in the s3 forum.........