BIO-DIESEL

S3 Dave

Now running on Heavy Oil
Reaction score
Hi Does anyone use B100 Biodiesel in an 1.9 SDI engine?. I'm looking into running my mrs's 2004 Polo SDI on the stuff VW say as long as its to DIN standards should be ok any Ideas???

S3 Dave said:
Hi Does anyone use B100 Biodiesel in an 1.9 SDI engine?. I'm looking into running my mrs's 2004 Polo SDI on the stuff VW say as long as its to DIN standards should be ok any Ideas???

Lots of Big problems in my area of the truck industry at the moment with common rail diesels :ohmy: Injectors, High pressure pumps.

Injectors £1000 a go
Fuel pump £2000
:faint:

I'm hearing you. Would still love to know if anyone is using it.
Maybe a 75% Mix etc etc.

not directly helpful but i run my 2.0 pd140 superchipped on b90 in winter and b100 in summer - no problems

also my bmw x3 2.0d (common rail) on the same mix - again no probs at all

I'm currently on my 2nd tank of Bio-diesel from www.enfuels.co.uk based in Thatcham ( Current client is in Newbury ).

Certainly noticed the engine 'seams' to run a lot quieter, no smoke at all. I'm getting the same MPG ( 46 to 48 ) and the satisfaction of 'only' paying 96p per litre, when local stations are 1.13 :keule:

We do get the odd whiff of cooking oil smell ( que the kids.....mmmmm CHIPS ! ) :p

I've been advised to change the fuel filter, after 3000 miles on the stuff ( thats 3 weeks for me :scared2: ) As it cleans all the sh!t out of the tank & lines as well.

The only downside, is early morning V COLD starts, two lots of pre-heat and she fires up now though.

J :icon_thumright: