Dump valves

peakey

Reaction score
Ok so i know you cant just put any old dv on a s3. Im after one thats not to loud like the boy racer ones. But a friend told me that the ones that run on the golfs and audi aint that loud (he said he cant even hear his). So what would be the point in one if you dont get any noise at all??

Also if some can point me to the best on for my s3
ta

what im after is something like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njCNFEpeDJ4&feature=related

it gives more of a CH CH CH than i PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

****** hard to make the sound of a dump valve in text :)

Forge splitter if you want a atmospheric 1.... prob the only 1 for the s3 that dosent bring up twinkly dash lights....

oh and thats the wasetgate on the evo chattering.... not good to run it with out a dv..

Thats the word i was looking for chattering. S:hubbahubba:o the s3 will give of that noise if i get a dump valve and whatever else i need to do. Just sound a bit better that all that pisss pisss

S3s with atmospheric "tsssssh" dump valves can cause fueling, boost and ecu problems

Boost system is a closed loop with the boost being recirculated thru to stop turbo stall etc. Even the Forge "Split-R" type valves arent loud. Thats why Audis have a "Diverter Valve" and not a dumpvalve, as its diverting it back thru not dumping it to atmosphere and wasting it.

If you want wastgate noise like that.... buy an Evo and run it without a dump valve! The 5vT engine was designed with a re-circ valve for a very good reason

As far as I know, the only way to achieve this sound on an A3/S3 is to have a well pre-loaded DV, so you get back-pressure on the turbine blades (DV closing to early)...not a good idea.

And deffo woudlnt reccomend it on an engine thats done 115k'ish miles with no modification work to the turbo!

Im running the MTM kit with uprated everything and Id not even wanna try that!

Ok thanks for the info so after all that what would you says best for my s3 a little noise is better then nout. Iv now been told that a air filter would make things a bit louder but one thing at a time.?

nice one

If noise is what you want, go for an induction kit (preferably cold-air type as you'll just lose performance otherwise).

The BMC is good but it seems to contaminate the MAF a bit, I give the sensor a clean every few months

Will i get the noise of the dump valve better witha induction kit. Only prob is that i used to have a saxo (many moons ago) and had a induction kit on that but that sounded like a dead toad when i put my foot down anyone have a short vid of a s3 with induction kit fitted

thanks for your help

yeah i think im gonna go with a forge 007 (think thats what its called) then il move on with a CAI