s3 mirrors

I got mine off eBay for about £150 some time ago but they were defo off an S3. I am not sure if the A4/A6 will fit? Not sure on exact date change but I think there are also two types as well for the 8L S3?

Hopefully someone who can clarify further will be along shortly.

I'd be very wary about buying 'original' Aluminium ones off eBay. Judging by the frequency with which these get stolen from forum member's cars, there is a high chance you are buying someone off here's stolen mirrors.

I'd only buy them off someone who was obviously breaking a whole S3, rather than 'just happened' to have a set of aluminium S3 mirrors.

Yeah i know what you mean, ive head a lot of storys of the mirrors gettin stole. So basically will i not be able to get the alluminium mirrors to fit my model at all??

on the new rs4 the mirrors are plastic like ours and just painted in a mat silver, this is what i have just had done and i think it looks good.

Starry said:
on the new rs4 the mirrors are plastic like ours and just painted in a mat silver, this is what i have just had done and i think it looks good.
i was thinking of doing my mirrors in a mat silver finish, have you any pictures of what yours look like now so i can gauge an opinion, cheers