2003 S3 Induction kit

tazzer

Speed cameras are the work of the devil
Reaction score
Hi,

Haven't posted here for a bit, got a 2003 S3, 42000 miles, totally standard, hasn't been mapped to the best of my knowledge.

Had an engine mangement issue for ages which turned out was some kind of pitch/yaw sensor in the pillor, been fine since then but seems performance is a little down although not always and fuel economy is a bit worse...maybe it's the Scottish climate...I was working in London when I bought it. When diagnosing the fault the garage kept resetting the EMS and it was a bit quicker (than pre fault) before it went back into safe mode.

Was considering fitting an induction kit, I looked at the K&N K57i kit but various forums have said not to fit them to VAG cars, especially the S3/VRS/Cupra etc.

Can anyone recommend an induction kit ? is it worth while ? I know a lot of people will say get it mapped but I don't have the spare cash to spend on that at the moment and I thought this might be worth trying. 2-4 bhp seems optimistic in the manufacturers claims but if the engine breathes a little better and the throttle is more responsive then it would be worth it. Does is ruin the (even more) the fuel economy ?

Thought I'd ask here as your advice has been really helpful in the past.

Cheers,

Tazzer.

Aftermarket induction kits are not worth it. They tend to let all the oily gunk recirculate through your MAF sensor and break them!

If your on a budget why not get a Stage 1 from custom code? They currently have 30% off. A good induction kit will cost 150, remap 300....

Well I was pointed in the direction of Revo map but was told the fuel economy would be even worse and since it takes the expensive jungle juice I thought better of it as my journeys are either round town or a long 200-500 mile trip although since I don't have to drive up from london anymore that doesn't happen so often.

Does seem to run better on shell V Power.