TT and S3,same wheels?

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to get myself a set of avus alloys, reconned from a TT....will they fit the S3....i guess so but want to make sure they are the same offset

as long as it's the mk1 TT the PCD is 5 x 100 = the same as the S3, mk4 golfs, mk1 seat leons etc.

They will fit but the Avus on the TT aren't the same as those on the S3. Here's a pic of the S3 wheel (pinched from S3-Rob..thanks mate!):

Untitled.png

The TT version doesn't have the indentations at the end of each spoke, which in my opionion makes the wheels look much flatter and plain.

I'll see if I can dig out a pic of the TT versions.

cheers for that..... they are definately S3 versions in that case..probably started life on an S3 or included as an option..... they look exactly the same as mine..... just wasnt too sure of the offset.... thanks for your posts fellas

just dont want the extra cost...running costs etc.... the only reason im changing is that one is curbed and requires powder coating (as its taking a good part of the paint off)...only gonna be changing the damaged one to start with

Why not buy some 18's? The S3 looks a lot better with bigger wheels

ive been looking for a set of 18" avus off an S4 for ages, cant seem to find any though :(

just dont want the extra cost...running costs etc.... the only reason im changing is that one is curbed and requires powder coating (as its taking a good part of the paint off)...only gonna be changing the damaged one to start with

As and when you come to shift on the complete set of old ones, let me know mate as Id be VERY intresested.

grathies...

What wheels are you after mate??

Nilz

A set of Standard S3 Alloys.

Got a set of R888 Toyos for some trackdays and prefer to use standard wheels for track'ing my cars

i fitted a set of 18" mk1 tt wheels on my 2001 s3 and they look superb i think the Style of them seems to catch the sun better.Tim

Grathies thanks for the response, i have a set of the TT Comps that i would like to swap for a set of the originals.....keep looking i guess!!

I had a set of 18" Replica S4 alloys on my S3, But put the car back to standard a couple of months ago!
I'll try and get some pics up from when they were on!!