Folding Mirrors

joncook

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of S3 owners on the internet claim to have OEM folding mirrors, apparently they were a non-listed optional extra !?
Does anybody know anything more about this? I live in London so folding mirrors would be really useful, but I can't see how you could retro fit them unless there is another VAG car with the same mirrors that you could get them off...

No never an option. Some one on ebay was selling the switch and says it works with the S3, but that is impossible - it won't fit or can be made to fit the piano black inserts.

I put folding side mirrors on my TDI Q, good fun but of no use really, understand that living in London may mean that there of much more use.

I bought the part from Vag Parts, you need to make your own wiring loom etc.

yeah i saw that Jester....and his crappy disclaimer at the bottom.....what an idiot

I get out of my car, walk round and push the mirrors in when I get out, and push them back as I get into it. Force of habbit even in a town!

I do not believe in folding in my mirrors. People who do kind of annoy me lol. Reason for this is because, i would rather have my mirror being clipped/scratched/knocked back than a vehicle getting to close without realising and actually knocking or driving into your vehicle scratching the whole side which will workout much more costly. This is just the way i see it in my opinion.

I get out of my car, walk round and push the mirrors in when I get out, and push them back as I get into it. Force of habbit even in a town!

:applaus:i do the same......... although, ex of mine has a leon with factory folding mirrors... and gotta be fair, it has crossed my mind to make mine the same (getting wiring diagram etc)..... deciding factor is that when some thieving lil **** has a go, the cost for new mirrors will go from £550 to god knows what

I do not believe in folding in my mirrors. People who do kind of annoy me lol. Reason for this is because, i would rather have my mirror being clipped/scratched/knocked back than a vehicle getting to close without realising and actually knocking or driving into your vehicle scratching the whole side which will workout much more costly. This is just the way i see it in my opinion.

You dont believe in them? :laugh:

Thing is, in a reverse park situation, their not likely to clip your mirror, their more likely to clip you car on the rear 3/4 with their mirrors. And I refuse to belive that leaving them out will save damage to your car if its hit on the side. If thier close enough to damage your mirror their close enough to do some seriouis damage anyway, a crappy little abs cover isnt going to save your car! Plus having the housing wrenched off the dor and then pushed into your a-pilar or front wing is going to cause alot of damage.

Plus round here if your mirrors are out there more of a target for just being kicked off because their out