Cupra R Splitter fitment to S3

Just take it slow in multi story car parks, was exiting one today and completly forgot about the splitter, took the ramp down a little too fast and it caught and made a nice crunch as it contacted the ground.

Cheers Space..... will be more careful:thumbsup:

Right chaps and chapesses, i have a busy day planned, however...... this was annoying me so heres the best part of 20 minutes work..... look better? or does it need to be a lil further back (pushed it back about an inch)

P1000822.jpg

P1000823.jpg

P1000824.jpg

thanking you muchly:salute:.....i am actually quite chuffed with the results now:laugh:..... right must crack on revising

That looks much better mate, when i get my s3 ill have you do mine! Well done nice job!

2nd pic looks alot better mate, well done, looks really good

I dont care what everyone else says Tim, you ARE capable :p

That looks spot on mate, much much better!

A* for effort

That looks even more awesome now mate, one thing i thought i would point out is that your bonnet needs to be raised up a teeny bit by turning the rubber stoppers on the inside and raising the height, the shut line is a bit off. Mine had the same problem and i used to get angry looking at it. haha may sound like it but no OCD here!

That looks 10 times better! Don't suppose you've got a part number so I can make sure the parts monkeys at the local Seat dealership order the right thing?

On a side note, Ibzzzzz, that animated gif in your sig is a bit over the top isn't it..it's 2 meg in size and takes forever to download. You'll get me into big trouble for using all the internet bandwidth at work!

theman, i just asked for the previous model cupra R splitter, they will know it, apparently cupra drivers are always replacing mate...

Ibz i spotted that too lol already sorted:o.k:

Ryan........... i got this vision of that american now who tells fat people 'yes you can', god your an **** sometimes:p

Looks like a royal pain in the ars but so tempted to do it!!! Was it worth it tim??? do you think itd of been easier with the bumper off???

not that bad really, once you have done your main cuts to the edges.... you just fit it up, leave the edges dangling and trim accordingly...then fasten....prob take me 30 mins if i did another one

On a side note, Ibzzzzz, that animated gif in your sig is a bit over the top isn't it..it's 2 meg in size and takes forever to download. You'll get me into big trouble for using all the internet bandwidth at work!

Ok sorry mate. Consider it gone.

Animal, when you next in Brum...lol....was just asking as you can come and fit mine for me...lol.....

ahhhhhhh, yeah was thinkin of that..... just the surround i was thinking?.... matt or gloss? how easy is it to remove....cant be ***** to take the whole bumper off...as quick as its supposed to be.....

Before you do anything mate have a look at this example. Looks good imo.

lowgreys3np2.jpg

Maz. thats done it for me....... thats like a satin black or is it just me?..... okies....whats the procedure to do this myself....laquer? paint? prep?

Maz, what paint / lacquer did u use on your grille??? I used matt with 1 coat of lacquer and it went too shiney...

Maz. thats done it for me....... thats like a satin black or is it just me?..... okies....whats the procedure to do this myself....laquer? paint? prep?

Cool, thought it might :)

Cars not mine btw Scott, found some nice pics of it on ere some time ago.

looks satin i think.....gonna be a mess around gettin it right i reckon....defo needs laquer though cos will look poo if gets scratched....think scotts gone down the right route...... does look a bit shiny though lol...just kidding...stop worrying Golum.....

ooooh precious, looks all nice and shiny precious:yahoo:

lol. cant be ***** doin it again so golum will have to keep his precious shiney grille!!! lol. next project now.... cupra r splitter me thinks!!!

Got the splitter but what tools did you use to trim the edges and keep them flush, more importantly how did you all attach the two centre bits once you trimmed them, can't work a screw in there? Did you glue it?

noooo i just measured the splitter up against my kitchen door and marked where to cut....then cut them, the angle was slightly out but your never gonna see them, they are that far under.......

i just lined the creases at the front of the splitter with the lower bumper grill to centre it..... screwed the front up after id put guideholes in every flange on the splitter...... then temporarily screwed one edge up with 1 screw, marked the cut and chopped with a hack saw.... then did the other side.....then removed the whole thing after marking how much to sync it to the line of the bumper ...... then trimmed with a stanley.....reattached and trimmed a tiny bit more off to make it totally flush....

easier to show you lol

alright I got ya, tommorow night is sorted then...lol, post pics after a good clean on Sat...

Fit it this morning looks good, can't upload pics at the moment though...

nice one mate...... i curbed mine yesterday for the first time..... and guess what (i haven't been for months btw),was in a maccy D's car park...on the way to pick some alloys up for the misus Mini, thought id stop off for breakfast....sniff sniff

Clach put some pics up when you get a chance, will be good to see, how it looks...

Clach, ive seen a lot of places where they have said that they are selling them on the bay for silly money!!!

a wee bit of knowledge goes a long way, are you fitting yours this weekend mate?