GSM mobile telephone preparation

Grovester

Reaction score
Hi,

First of all, this site is brill for getting answers to questions. Much better than phonong the dealer.

I paid £385 to have the GSM mobile telephone prep.
I have the following questions:-
  1. Why does this not have bluetooth?
  2. Are there any adapters to make it bluetooth?
  3. Do Audi not offer bluetooth on the A3?
  4. Where do you find the list of adapters available? I want to buy a Nokia 6500 slide or an N82 or an N95
Any guidance much appreciated

Thanks

1. It is bluetooth
2. See 1.
3. See 1.
4. Not sure, dealer is easiest I guess.

thats good news
How do I activate it? I've searched for bluetooth devices on my phone but nothing comes up

You have to do it after you turn on the ignition and within 5 or 15 minutes. I can't remember now. You should then be able to find 'Audi UHV ????'. If you're not finding that now (I'm guessing you've already tried this) then I'm not sure. Trying using a different phone before reporting it as a fault with the dealer.

Phone is now paired. Thanks. Had the car a year and never realised I had bluetooth. never needed to use it before as I have the cradle for my vurrent phone. Just assumed it didn't have bluetooth.
Will order a new phone tomorrow.
thanks

Cool.

I don't have a cradle for my phone as I just use the bluetooth connection alone. It's a lot easier!

I'll ebay my adapter and get a decent phone.
Advice much appreciated.

Cradle development fron Audi is very poor, Many phones are not supported yet so the best way is via bluetooth.

yeah, if you want to pay £100 for a cradle go ahead... not worth it imho... just charge it in the office/home or get a powermonkey or summat if you need to charge on the road..

The cradle support is rubbish.

BM had an early agreement with integration with Apple, so Im hardly surprised that they had that cradle covered ;)

As for the rest of the new phones... not so good.