S4 gearbox oil?

Tuffty

Reaction score
Does anyone know what oil should be in a s4 6 speed and diff? and what about the rear diff?
I know these arn't really service items but i've come from the world of evo's where you have to change them every 2 miles so i'm kinda in the habbit of over servicing cars.

75/90 full synth i just put in my 6 speed. Its a millers oil i used and they are known to be good( should be @ £10 per litre,lol )

Not sure about the best oil for Audis but i put some Swepco gdearbox oil in my old '77 911 and it transformed the clunky old 915 gearbox.

You need 75w90 fully synthetic. The manufacturer specifies GL4 but you will probably
be better off with GL 4/5 (note, NOT plain GL5 as the EVP additives in GL5 will eat your
synchros). I've hear good things about Millers CRX. However, a lot of places will tell you
to just go OEM. Speak to someone like MRC and see what they recommend.

I used millers CRX in my Evo and found it to be good, but to be honest for the sake of messing about finding one which will do the job I may as well just buy the OEM stuff, just as well I get trade at £12+ vat per litre tho !