PIAA Bulbs Group Buy - Interested List

Thanks Jon.
Must re-read your fitting instructions again.
Can you organise for Audi to give me my car back too so I can get the bloomin things in!

i knew if i asked this then mine would arrive, the posts just been now and there here.

only thing is audi have my car too, so is it only me and jamie who both have no car at the min who have recieved them? ****** typical.lol.

LOL - too true. Least you've got them now though.

Anyone who is reading this and regretting not signing up, fear not as PRI will be in touch with me next week to let me know how many sets of sides and DRLs are left - depending on quantities left I'll then open it out generally and post the link for a free for all.

OK - jsut got my car back, just got them fitted, but alas I'm packing the car heading away for the weekend.
I have got some pic's but will have to sort them on Sunday night.

Anyway, Jon is spot on, they don't look blue at all once in the car and the light is significantly better. Will be driving in the dark tonight, so should be another good teast and opportunity to get some bertter pic's of how they look now.

For anyone doing this, it took me all of 5 mins, DRL bulbs first, then side.
Be warned though, the sides need a reasonable amount of force to pull them out of there bracket.

I'm happy with them AND my new face lift tail lights.....

Thanks again

Jon

just had a mail from naveed to say that they are out of stock on the H7s but that they'll be in on Tuesday.

Robin, that means your DRLs will be delayed by a few days. I'm sure a couple more days won't kill us after all the waiting for the ship to come in!

OK, back from Cornwall - beautiful weather!!!

Anyway, haven't fitted the lamin-x (and still uncertain if I'm going too!), but the car was finally returned after having the paint done again. The good news is, the paint is pretty much spot, the bad news is the car has holograms, buffer trails and all sorts. 18 months of carefully looking after the car, and in one fail swoop the paint work is in sh!t state. Anyway, hopefully will be able to give it a crack myself if the weather holds out next Sunday!

The good news is, the new facelift tail lights are in and look goooood!
I also got all the PIAA bulbs in. Pretty pleased with the look they give now, even started using the DRL's again!

Anyway a few pics from the weekend...

DRL Bulbs - left side old style, right side new PIAA:
P1010993.jpg

PIAA DRL's
P1020002.jpg

Close up DRL:
P1020003.jpg

New facelift Tail lights with mirrored indicator bulbs:

P1010983.jpg

P1010984.jpg

Old tail lights for reference:

P1010863.jpg

A few other pic's from Padstow...

P1020006.jpg

P1020059.jpg

P1020060.jpg

P1020058.jpg

P1020064.jpg

P1020069.jpg

Pretty pleased with how the car is looking right now....

Thanks again Jon.

After seeing your pics jamie i really want my car back:sob:, come on audi sort it out.
also i think i'll be adding facelift taillights, h&r springs, and spacers to my shopping list:yum:.

paul.

Sorry to rub it in dude...
Fingers crossed they get it cracked this week for you mate.
Spacers, springs and ARBs transform how the car drives... tail lights look good, especially at night!

Hey John,
H&R springs - 25mm and 10mm spacers at each wheel.
Sits really nicely now, and as I've mentioned before, the springs are actually initially a little better at dealing with the rubbish state of our roads, but they do firm up a lot quicker after that point. I did the roll bars at the same time and the car feels so much more secure on the road.
Will be on track at Audi Driver, so expect some more feedback then.

Jamie - the car looks great mate. The new bulbs really suit the car and finish it off nicely. Glad you like 'em!

robin,
you want in on mine? I'll be ordering two sets of H7s too so don't really want to have to pay the extra for the DRLs that I don't need.

Marc

Have you already sold you DRL bulbs. All I really want is a set of DRLs.

Or is there anyone who wants a set of side-light bulbs if I order the combined set.

Yeah, I've agreed to go in on them with RobinA3. There was somebody floating about earlier in the week looking for just sides. I thought they posted in this thread to try and pair up with somebody, but I can't seem to find the post. Maybe it was in another thread, but Jon advised them to post in this one.

Jon, do you remember who it was?

I think it was fast not furious, but I think they deleted their post, so assuming they got something sorted.

Anybody else just want a set of side lights to help Dave out?

Dave, looking back at the thread it looks like S3 Big Andy just wanted a set of sides - might be worth sending him a PM.

It was probably me guys,i missed the group buy,so emailed PRI and still managed to get the discount for DRL's and sides,although i don't need the sides now as i got a free set when i ordered chromed indicators from somewhere else!

So...i should have a spare set of sides,once the delivery from PRI arrives!

Cool - glad you got something sorted out mate. Are your side lights completely blue so look like that when off? If they are, you might prefer the PIAA bulbs as they don't give you the blue look. I would also bet the light colour from the PIAA bulbs will be closer to the xenons on your S3 (see my post on one of the earlier pages showing the light colour produced by the PIAA bulbs).

Anyone else after some DRLs and Side lights from the group buy let me know - PRI have about 10 sets left.

PM me and I'll send you the link.

Well they might not have ten sets left - spoke to PRI today to enquire where mine are, given the tracking no and its turn out the post person "delivered" them on friday to my work. Well not quite as they where signed for by an unreadable signature and no name in the print name field and at 7.38 in the morning !
Looks like the post person has taken them as no one at work at that time, sight is not open that early, CCTV shows the post arrived at 9.10 am that day ! And no signed for parcels / letters in our in goods book !
PRI have been very good and are sending me a replacment set out the Wed. Fingers crossed this set will arrive and will fir them this weekend.
Richard

did they have a big "very expensive bulbs inside" sticker on them, or would the postman be pilfering a lot of stuff on a regular basis?

bit of a schoolboy error if it was the postman because the parcels are tracked at each stage, so it would just be a case of seeing where it was last tracked before you signed for them and they should be able to know who had them next.

i saw something on tv a while ago... may have been on that esther rantzen consumer show - forget what it was called but they used to investigate problems the public had. they also had a weekly jobsworth award. anyway they did a report once about some postman who was ordering loads of stuff from mail order catalogs using stolen credit cards and getting them delivered to real addresses on his route. he would then collect them from the post office and go about his daily deliveries and just keep the stuff himself. he only got caught out because he went on holiday and several of the residents on his route rang the catalog company to say they hadn't ordered the stuff the temp postman delivered.

Hi Richard - that's not good!

Watch out for a set on Ebay then folks....

Customer service from PRI is very good - hope you get them this time.

So as per my previous post - there are about 9 sets of Chrome Mirror DRL/Sides going. If you want a set PM me.

Cool - glad you got something sorted out mate. Are your side lights completely blue so look like that when off? If they are, you might prefer the PIAA bulbs as they don't give you the blue look. I would also bet the light colour from the PIAA bulbs will be closer to the xenons on your S3 (see my post on one of the earlier pages showing the light colour produced by the PIAA bulbs).

Anyone else after some DRLs and Side lights from the group buy let me know - PRI have about 10 sets left.

PM me and I'll send you the link.

You're right,on both counts!

The sides were completely blue,although it didn't really show that much.

I've now replaced them with the PIAA ones,which seem slightly duller actually,maybe it's because the light is closer to daylight,and the sun's shining. But yes,they are closer in colour to the Xenons.

I've also done the DRL's,so they're now much better:icon_thumright:,although they do introduce a slight blue reflection again!

Anyway,thanks for your advice,keep up the good work!

...now i'm waiting for the Lamin X

i just fitted these seing as i finally got my car back and must say they are perfect, much better than the originals.

Thanks again for organising the group buy.

My bulbs arrived today and I've just been out in the lashing rain fitting my H7s but can't figure out how to get at the sidelight bulbs - has anybody with halogens been able to replace their sidelight bulbs? How do you get at them?

It's amazing how much brighter the Chrome Mirror Whites in the H7s are compared to the standard sidelight bulbs. I really want to get them changed now because they just look ridiculous side by side!

Any help appreciated!

Fear not - I decided to use brute force and dislocate my thumb and little finger to make my hands fit in and got the bulbs changed. At one point I removed my hand from the inside of the light to find blood dripping down it!

They look so much better now all the bulbs are changed. I'll have to see how much more light they generate on the way to work in the morning - too wet out there today to be going for a spin.

Hello to all,

I' have a question about DRL lamb. I have A3 with xenon and 21W DRL lamb and I want to replace them with PIAA DRL lamb. As I saw in the internet the only PIAA DRL is 27W. Can this lamb suit to my car without problem or warning in a car computer?