facelift quattro sport 17" 10 spoke wheels for sale

ian52

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow
Reaction score
i may be getting new wheels so will prob be selling these.they are the 10 spoke ronal ones from a facelift b5 quattro sport.all in good condition and tyres have loads of tread and are all the same make.only thing is one centre cap is missing but easy to get new one.i have the full set of 5 but would rather keep one as a spare.anybody interested?

Pictures?

I'm sure not everyone knows off hand, what they look like.

can you put pictures on from photobucket?

SS850570.jpg

SS850569.jpg

i was after a set, but the ones that came up were all too much money and i ended up having to buy new tyres for the 16" sport rims so they'll be having to stay for now :(

good luck shifting them. I have five refurbed ones that I could not get a decent price for, ended up selling them to a german chap who forked out £120 in shipping to get them!

biggest problem I had is the diamond cut lip is a feature people wanted to keep and I refurbed that out of the equation

I've got a set from my tqs that are badly de-laquered but I can't find anyone that will even consider refurbing without losing the diamond cut rim. :(

I found one place that were willing to do it but was going to cost a lot and there was the risk that once they got the rims they would say they couldnt.

You could probably just polish them yourself but would be hard work.

they is a place that did some merc and porshce wheels for a VW in PVW or some similar magazine.
powdercoated then polished the rim off on a machine.
pricey though, about £80 a wheel if I recall.

problem with polished lips you have is you have to contantly polish them or lacquer and face the same peeling problem if and when you crack it on a kerb or pot hole.

My tqs alloys had been refurbed before i bought my car so I didn't even realise the lip would originally have been polished.

If this makes them hard to shift, I'll just hang onto my set when my new wheels turn up.

I did ask my Audi dealer for a quote on a new set and they wanted 1300 squid!

N

on my alloys the centre caps are a little scruffy, where can i buy these from or does anyone have some decent ones to sell?

Typical!!
It's like catching the proverbial bus,you wait ages then loads turn up at once.
I was after a set of these for ages but anyone who had them wanted good money for them.Germans still go daft for these as previously stated.The main problem is the laquered rims which always deteriorate,often quite badly.
So in the end i purchased a set of 17"x8" from Germany(et 40, not sure if these have come from an a4 turbo quatty or not).They too had been re-painted( quite well actually)but completely,no sign of a polished rim.So i set about doing the job myself.I have been doing this now for a month on and off and my fingers are killing me!
Can anyone tell me what are the wheel statistics on the a4 quatty,et, size, etc cos' mine look like they will rub on the steering rack ends being 8 inches wide.
I am polishing the back two at the mo and painting the inner spokes in gunmetal grey,look quite professional if i say it myself!

they should be et45 i think.im sure thats what mine are.

8j is fine at Et40-45

Hi All
Just ordered some Alloy centre caps for my TQS at the dealers. Part number 893 601 170 7zc came in at a reasonable(they are metal) £10.50 each!
Hope this helps
Steve