MSN Cars - First Drive New S3, S3 Sportback & A3 2.0TFSI

I've seen very mixed views on the S3 but the assessment of the A3 2.0TFSI is quite good to be fair:

"We dropped into the £23,395 A3 2.0TFSI Sport line first. With front-wheel-drive and 200bhp, it undercuts the S3 by a useful amount and being effectively a Golf GTI under the skin, it should be good. And it is, providing gutsy performance and seamless acceleration from low to high speed. The chassis is great too; this is really as good as most people will want."

I agree fully with that. The 2.0TFSI probably is as good as most people will want or need. A lot of people (myself included) struggle to justify spending £30K on a small hatchback, S3 or not. You've REALLY got to want an S3 to pay the premium.

5 star Euro ncap? How? The current model only scores 4. Do headlights and a new bumper really make the car safer? Maybe for pedestrians but I don't see how for the inside occupants?

Is the facelift REALLY being produced until 2012?! Unbelievable! Originally the all new A3 was planned for the back end of this year, then next, then 2010 and now another 2 years?? Way to go Audi. It better be f**king brilliant when it arrives.... By which time i'll have no interest in the A3 whatsoever to be fair.

F87E24A8FECC18C139B6B2C02BDBAE.jpg

Nice wheels

Hmm, those wheels look a bit of a futuristic nightmare to me..... I'd stick with the current S3 rims. They look more of a classic Audi style.

Are they the current 17" sport ones- but now in 18s for the S3 and without them being "filled"

Is it me or do those mirrors look a bit huge from front view?

I knew it wasnt my eyesite, looks like a ****** touraeg mirror, lol

so lowered the tone then, lol, lol

anyone got a link to more pictures of that S3 Sportback as I would like to see a rear and rear three quarter view?

I was under the impression the wing mirrors were the same size just with the indicator underneath the mirror?

From the images seen so far they look huge mate, check the msn link, I think they look huge but could be wrong.

Aha you see, I'm not blind after all so no need for my national health glasses need changing, lol,

What do you guys think of the S3 Sportback ????????????. I personally don't like it, It looks like an estate and thise LED'S look horrible where they are. I do like the rear lights though. They should have left it as a 3-door if you ask me.