s3 30mm lowered?

turbodailydan

Reaction score
hi guys, has anyone got pics of an s3 8l lowered 30mm front 25mm rear (or near that) on the stock 17" rims?? just wanna see how it sits.. found this pic of s3steve's car and it looks just the right height, wonderin how much its been lowered?

R0010293.jpg

lads on steves signature it says hes running H&R Springs, looking at the dp website it says they are 25mm, and hes running 18" wheels, so i think 30mm at the fron and 25 rear on 17"s should sit pretty nice dont you think? :drool:

oooh I want mine that height, but it's not just a case of springs, would need dampers, and tie bars and 4 wheel alligment = muchos money

il see how i get on with just the springs, will get some adjustable tie bars at a later date and probably upgrade the shocks at the same time.

Hey mate. Mine is sitting on eibach's (so 30mm drop) and standard 17
rims.

Even got some pics for ya

s31ta7.jpg

AndrewsS3.jpg

thanks alot mate looks just like the ideal ride height, just ordered a set of kw 30/25. :icon_thumright:

what exhaust is that? do you have any pics and videos?

cheers bud - dan

lol. good choice mate. Youll have to let me no what there like as id like to also purchase some kw's!!!

i bought the kw spring / damper kit at first. wasnt happy. sat funny. sent them back and went for coilovers.

If you're prepared to wait a few weeks, I got my H+R springs, and ARBs today from DPM. Just waiting for the tie bars then i'll be fitting the lot. The H+R's claim to lower around 25mm. If I remember I will take before and after pics.

sat funny?? what drop did you go for? ive gone for the springs on their own for now, will upgrade shocks at a later date.

i bought the kw spring / damper kit at first. wasnt happy. sat funny. sent them back and went for coilovers.

Hey mate. Mine is sitting on eibach's (so 30mm drop) and standard 17
rims.

Even got some pics for ya

AndrewsS3.jpg

Thats sweet! Whats the ride like on those? and was it just springs or shocks as well? Im guessing it would be similar on my 1.8T Quattro?

The exhaust is a full Remus system. Pretty subtle, not boomy at all at cruise but sounds nice when you are giving it some.

No good photos of the exhaust, only had the car 2 weeks, but I'll get some.

I've come from a m-tech'd BMW. I find the ride a bit firmer but with much less rebound which I prefer. Very well controlled over bumps. But I prefer a firm ride. Did 7 hours in the car without it getting annoying or anything.

It's just the springs rather than the full system. That's next after a chip and a stereo install.

You will need rear tie bars with the Eibach pro kits. They gave -2 degrees camber when I fitted them without. Should be near -1. Plus will wear your tyres prematurely.

So it'll cost you another £400 approx, including 4 wheel alignment.