EMAP on the way...

ScottyP45

Reaction score
I just contacted emaps today about a remap at home, dont care about a rolling road yet, but I decided on them because i've read some good reports on forums about them. Star are nearby where I live but they are rather expensive. Dunno what emaps will quote for mine but probably much less than Star I reckon.

Anyone here had theirs done by emaps? espec interested in the 1.8t owners opinions after mapping....:) cheers!

I have contacted these about mine, let me know how you get on with your!! thanks

I've been thinking about using these guys as £275 seems good value to me - sure these in no rolling road and all that, but for me it seems a good deal..

http://www.ccctech.co.uk/chiptuning.php?make=Audi

I do really miss my 180bhp A3 QT... It had real punch and used to pull really hard through the gears with BIG torque, however is it really possible to get my new big heavy A4 feel the same..??

Just how much of a difference will the bhp difference from 150 to 190+ feel on such a heavy car???

i am getting mine mapped this summer, currently running standard 190bhp. i arnt to bothered about the bhp increase its the extra torque i want as i dont rekon much to the standard torque of the 190

Got mine to book in to P-Torque in July after reading glowing reports on other VAG Forums. £265 no rolling road, or £295 with. Not a bad deal I think, and as repeated here, it's the extra 50Nm torque that I'm looking for on my 2.5Tdi Cab. Oh, and a replacement panel filter....lot of noise on here about oil based filters fooking up the MAF, but P-Torque seem to recommend a Pipercross as well to release one or two more bhp.

I have contacted these about mine, let me know how you get on with your!! thanks

hi mate, they answered and said they would be happy to do it but had no agents in Scotland, :ermm: so I guess i'll be headin down south a bit for it. Hopefully somewhere down the m6 so I get to try it out on the way back!

(The A1 would do too but too much tractors and only one lane)

Audisport, the car isnt really that heavy, the handbook quotes dry kerbweight as 1440kg, mines quite rapid esp in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear, and tho 4th and 5th are ok they lack the punch of the others.

Thats why I want mine remapped too, it seems to lack torque when you pop it open in 4th or 5th to overtake, its not that sparkling eh?

Also i'd say 25 to 50% throttle on the standard DBW car gives you just about all its got in a big lump, then WOT doesn't seem to make any more difference...

Update: EMAPS quote is £299 if I take the car to their place.

sage33e, I've just bought my 2.5tdi cab, and was wondering about a remap. Does it actually make that much of a difference? and do you get better fuel economy, or does it drop/stay the same?

sage33e, I've just bought my 2.5tdi cab, and was wondering about a remap. Does it actually make that much of a difference? and do you get better fuel economy, or does it drop/stay the same?

LOL - it makes a MASSIVE difference mate. An extra 50bhp and a big pile of extra torque (90ft/lbs+) and economy is usually better - unless you drive it harder (and you will).

If you drive like an old coffin-dodger tho, I wouldnt bother unless you pull a caravan. :laugh: