Air filters and spark plugs for TQS

steveboyo

Quattro'd Caravan
Reaction score
Hi All
After a performance replacement (panel filter) and a set of spark plugs for my A4 1.8 tqs. Any recommendations?
Thanks
Steve

I put a K&N on my old 1.8T.

Dunno if it made any difference to the driveability but it did sound nicer. Only reason i put it on is the bloke that chipped it said to though.

Hi
Yes i've used K&N filters before on my Corrado G60 and golf gti cabrio both gave improved throttle response and sound. But there are so many replacement performance filters out there and the price does vary alot. Gratefull for the advice. Any idea on the spark plugs? I have the AJL engine 180bhp.
Thanks
Steve

I use NGK BKR6E plugs, are under a £8 and I change them every 5K miles as its a 5 min job.

Gapped at 0.028 if chipped and 0.032 for standard.

Get the better quality NGK's PQ6 or something similar if you can not be bothered changing as often.

The copper plugs (BKR6E) are supposedly better than the iridium or platinum ones for heat dissapation inside the cylinder but the manufacturers tend not to use them in turocharged applications as they dont last as long.

I use them in mine and havent had a problem.

The airfilters can damage the air flow meter as the oil thy use to filter the air can contaminate the element, paper one works fine so stick with what works.