New wheels on - Beware it's a BMW!

Just on this watch subject, i may actually start a thread just for that. It's not entirely Audi related BUT watches and cars, design wise share a lot in common both in the design ethics, technically and aesthetically. I think both also say a lot about the owner/wearer.

To the best of my knowledge cars and watches are the only consumer items which incorporate a strong, external design ethic routed in history and also internal mechanical excellence to match.

Just to highlight the connection between the two:

Panerai and Girard Perregeux have both made a Ferrari line of watches. Breitling have a Bentley Motors range, Parmigiani make a Bugatti range, Jaeger Le Coultre make an Aston Martin model. The Rolex Daytona: One of the most iconic watches ever is named after the Daytona race circuit. The Tag Heuer Monaco made famous by Steve Mcqueen playing a race driver. Omega have always commemorated motorsport in the form of Ayrton Senner and Schumacher watches. Oris have Ralph Schumacher and BMW Williams models, Audemars make signature models for Barrichello and Montoya. Porsche have launched their own line of swiss watches and IWC manufacture a Mercedes AMG 'Ingenieur' model.

The list goes on and on and on. Watches and cars have always gone hand in hand.

Personally i think it's a bit sad to wear a car manufacturer branded watch unless you actually have the car to match. Each to their own though!

On the flip side of that... The Bentley Continental has a Breitling clock in the dash and the Mercedes CLS AMG special edition has an IWC clock in the dash.

Anyway i'll shut up and stop rambling but if there is enough interest in a watch and cars thread i'll start one. No point boring other forum goers though! lol

Cheers.

Paul.

Nice wheels MarriedBlonde, now get some big brakes to fill the gap!

Since there's quite a watch following here, anyone know anything about the newer Panerais? Looking to get my first "nice" watch, was originally looking at the IWC pilot, but recently shifted focus to Panerai, specifically the luminors.

Wont want to dosh out too much for anything too fancy, but I heard they are revamping their product lineup. Something about a new design "manufacturra" and ceramic models? Anyone care to shed some light on this?

*I dont want to search on timezone.com, each time I do, I find myself finding excuses to up my budget. Sorry for straying off topic btw.

Nice wheels MarriedBlonde, now get some big brakes to fill the gap!

Tempted, just trying to justify the BBK to myself. New set of discs are £200, set of pads £70... The problem is the later 3.0Si engined cars come with bigger discs already at 325mm, most of the BBK's are smaller...

They stock them?
Nice one, cheers for the tip.:icon_thumright:

Yep they are approved retailers for the U-Boat watches. Apparently the first ones they sold 18 months ago have already gone up in value.

Great shop for clothes too:)

Yeah have beeen toying with getting myself a watch for a year or so now, I was going to get myself a Tag Monaco v4 Belt driven editon one, but when I got around to trying to get one it had already sold out.

Probally will just get a normal Monaco with a rubber stap soon unless anyone knows where I can get that v4 belt driven one from? :)

monacov4-front.jpg
monacov4.jpg

Um I never really looked into the price but I have a feeling we may be talking 5 figures, my the budget was £5k got a feeling I may have underestimated its value...