Soon Be Looking For An A4 TDI 130 51/52

nosaj

Reaction score
Hi there
as above i shall be looking for soon

is there any thing i should look out for when viewing
is there any problems they suffer with ?
or any thing i should know about ?

Many Thanks in Advance :sm4:

Really just cambelt at 60k miles or 4 years. The engines are pretty bulletproof. Make sure the climate control works properly. There is a design flaw on the B6 where you only really get cold air when on lo setting, so have a play around with the temp and use it to knock the price down if it doesn't work properly, i.e. you should be able to set it to 20 degrees and on anything other than a cold day it should be blowing cool air.
Also make sure it is a red "i" 130 version by checking the sticker in the boot (or the sticker in the front of the service book). It should show the power output as 95kW (which is 130bhp). Anything less and it's not a 130.

cheers for the info guys , its all new to me when it comes to audi lol
at least i have a couple of bits to look out for now

may be a dumb ? but is the avant ...the estate version:blush:

it is mate,

don't worry were not talking about the multi-platinum American R&B singer!

lol cheers mate ,
well i dont mind them , but the misses dont , and as she will be driving it aswell
its a no no lol
just out of intrest though how much ya selling for

Just a little bit of info that might help in the old Avant/saloon decision making! The B6 Avant is actually shorter than the saloon (albeit by only a few mm!) so if the missus says she won't have one because it's bigger you can tell her otherwise! Personally I prefer the saloon for looks but the Avant wins hands down for practicality! Happy hunting! :happy:

Richard

i think the avants look better !

i would always buy a rs4 etc in an avant after gumball !

hi

I have an 02 130 TDI Sport and love it! as AndyMAC said make sure the climate works. If it is faulty the ECON (economy) light will be stuck on and you can not get it to go turn off, this results in only warm air as the compressor will not turn on. One of my old workmates thought that ECON ment that the aircon was on! I belive that in most cases on the early B6 A4's it is a faulty switch telling the car there is no gas in the system make them fix this as it could be somthing else!

The only problem i had was a loud rumbeling noise when turning near full lock, turned out to be the alternator pully. Other than that i have had no other problems.

And for performance i was following my brotherinlaw last week in his 150cdti Sri Vecta 05 plate , both full up with all our summer holiday stuff and had to back of (only slightly) when pulling away from roundabouts as my turbo was kicking in much earlier. (i belive it is faster to 60 though but thats not real world driving!)