New lights on the S4

Russboy

Reaction score
Not quite as plug and play as was implied to fit, Audi wiring has a rectangular connector, the lights have round ones! So had to work out what wire does what, not too bad really as there's 7 a side. That includes an ignition live which is handy as I’m now running the angel eyes off of that.

Ran out of time to fit my Leon Cupra R front splitter, poss attempt that tomorrow, weather dependant. This was due to a bolt at the back of the headlight inside the wing being very very "captive"! Think it was taking its job too seriously as I had to remove the airbox, wheel and inner arch to eventually hack it out as it was so seized, took about 3 hours alone to do that!

To finish the lights off I'm going to get hold of 2 8 way connector blocks so that the headlights can literally be unplugged if need be, not sure where I’ll find one though, but I’ll keep hunting.

Also think to clean the indicators up siltertec bulbs will be ordered (any recommendations as to where I can get some anyone?)

Anyway, as she looks now:

324155091.jpg

324155086.jpg

324155059.jpg

324155040.jpg

Not going to be to everyone’s taste I suppose but then what in life is???

I think they look good on your colour car. Lookin mean!

Looks mean as hell, but cleaner with the old ones on IMHO

I hate the number plate recess in the S4 bumper it doesnt allow for shorter plates, i have that same problem. FWIW the US S4 bumpers do not have that recess

Personal opinion?

I prefer the OEM one-piece headlamps, not a fan of angel eyes on a B5.

Looks sweet, liking the wheels too...lambo gallardo??? Also check out the lack of colour matching skills on the mondingo rear door in the back ground... sorry but working in a bodyshop for 6 years makes me do this!!!!

i like 'em (have them on mine) but in some respects i do agree that the oem ones can look better - the angeleyes ones somehow mess with the look of the grille.

one thing i would change on yours, though, russboy, is to swap out the orange indicator bulbs for some silvervision/chrome ones. or even better, osram diadem (depending on budget) :)

i see that a5-style headlamps ("devileyes") with the LED daytime running lights are now available on ebay - opinions anyone? i thought about trying them on mine but a) they cost a fair bit, and b) possibly a bit tacky.
linkage: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190234513815

edit: ah reading back i see you've already realised you need silver bulbs. try www.powerbulbs.com - or ebay :)

looks good as you have a dark colour, also the wheels are awesome!

I've seen the "Devileyes" and again, I don't like them, definitely look tacky.

If I decided to go LED, I'd rather buy a set of used OEM facelifts, and build the LED's into them. I just feel the OEM look suits the B5 best.

They look a bit cheap if im honest, OEM looks better, love the rest of the car, wheels are hot

That car looks sweet!! Love the wheels, colour and general look of the car.

I personally still like the angel eyes, and like some of the other guys have said the colour goes well. Although i'm swinging more towards 1 piece oem's like siena said. The Angels look very agressive with just the angels on and much better at night main beam. I like what Doc has done with the light tints as well. :)

Also are you sure you bought the correct one's for the s4, as usually the s4/a4 headlights are different (xenon etc) which may have caused you a problem when you were fitting them. The standard non xenon headlights should be round.

I think he has fitted pre facelift angels on it as his car is a facelift and they have the sort of rectangular connector on them that does the levelers also. On the pre facelift the level motor wiring is seperate from the light wires

I went with colorcoding the insides of the standard facelift projector lamps

its probably worth pointing out that the projector lenses in the angel eyes arent supposed to be all that hot, and if you removed a set of proper audi projectors then its probably worth taking the angel eyes apart and fitting the audi projectors to the angel eye casing.

lights2.jpg

Hope that image isnt too large, and the quality of its rubbish compared to the pics you took lol, but it gives you an idea.

Them "devileyes" are nasty! :puke2:

doc did you just tint the outside of those lenses and leave the internals? I did the insides of mine so the light output wouldnt be affected, i didnt think the plod would be too happy if the light output had been reduced due to the tinting...

I'll need to try n get some better photos taken of mine, that one image was taken with my phone camera and it really doesnt show them off very well, they look a lot better IRL.