Road tax query

Are these tax rules still looking to be implemented then?

I believe they are being postponed for atleast a year.

The pre budget report is due in the next week. I have a feeling that the retrospective road tax increases will be scrapped so don't worry guys. You will never pay over £400 for your road tax

'Never'????? Like petrol will never reach £1 per litre??

Well eventually it will but not for a good few years yet. You know what I mean lol.

i paid 6 months in July and will do 12 months in Jan at current rates hehe

Hello Just been in the post office too see if i could get a clear answer from them! clear as mud!
acc all the ppl working in there they havent heard about any tax rules changes!! and acc them i can sorn the car one day and tax it the next lol

reading on govements website tho as of jan will have too be sorn for 21days! so i dunno prob just bite bullet and buy a year now ****** goverment!

the interesting thing about this discussion is audi have admitted that pre-facelift cars always had 225 bhp from the outset.buyers were told that they only had 210 bhp so that the audi tt looked like a faster car.

audi driver august 2004 and i quote-audi decided that the tt and the roadster should have a performance edge over the performance hatchback (which was hardly any heavier ) and so,for the s3,the engine only delivered 210 ps.well that was what the specification said on paper.many people believe that there was no difference between the engines and the s3 always had the same power as the tt 225,a suggestion which tends to be confirmed by road-test reports and rolling road figures.
(later when production of the s3 neared its end.audi did, in fact, declare the power to be 225 ps.audi driver february 2006 similar article stating the same fact