Spec me a mod

ang12el

Reaction score
Ok so have the 1.9 Avant and have it remapped now producing 156BHP I have now decieded and bought some H7 HID lights to put on. to finish off have @ £400 I was originaly thinking of putting cruise control on but came across some 18" alloys that would look great on the car. As mine are the original standard factory 16" I would prob get £100 maybe more back on them especially when each of them has the Eagle F1s on them..
Anyway somone suggested that a supspension kit might be another option.
Having looked through various websites. I am more than confused as to what will fit my car.

Anway what do you think I should go with bearing in mind the budget above.

Cheers

Personally I would go for the wheels. I think wheels make or break a car. I love my cruise control but in reality nice wheels are more important. Nice suspension is of course desirable, but I would start with the wheels as I think much of a drop on 16" wheels would look daft.

At the end of the day whether you do wheels or suspension first once you have done one you will save up to do the other anyway!

£400 wouldnt be buying a very good quality set of 18's, unless they 2nd hand OEM's maybe. Cheap alloys tend to be a bit soft & invariably have "Made in China" stickers on them, being soft means they're liable to buckling if you hit a pot hole for example. My advice would be to do the wheels 1st too, but spend some sensible money & get something made in europe, it'll be a harder alloy and last longer!

I agree totally about cheap alloys, avoid at all costs! I bought my OEM RS6's from abay for £300, they needed two new tyres but I didnt think it was a bad price tbh.