Suspension Upgrade

Angelp

Reaction score
I'm thinking of upgrading the suspension on my A3 sportback 2.0T Quatro. But I don't know what options i have. Does anybody know any brands I can have a look at?

Try H&R - I've uprated my springs and anti roll bars. It's lowered the car, eliminated body roll and is actually slightly more compliant over road imperfections at normal speeds but firms up very quickly there after.
It's an impressive set up and worth a look.

I'm gonna try FSD's as I am not into lowering but want better ride, oem is ***** TBH, but might do the 30mm eibachs as someone said yesterday it doesnt show any noticeable difference in height from sline, so might do this for better ride.

i found the 30mm eibach give a great ride height but more comfy /compliant ride than either the sport or se standard

add koni fsd dampers and you get a great combination of handling but improving the ride comfort - have your cake and eat it and keep your fillings!

as for ARBs, most of the kits are too stiff at the back relative to the front, worsening understeer - the best setup but most epensive is the neuspeed rear bar 25mm combined with either the neuspeed 25mm front or the golf r32 23.9mm front (which is very cheap)

well thats me sold, FSD's & Eibach's I think, how long to do people & did you do self or on a lift in a proper garage?

is that a hint, lol, do you do the FSD's & 30mm eibachs mentioned, are we talking the eibach pro's here guys?

Awesome do the FSD's fairly cheap.

as for ARBs, most of the kits are too stiff at the back relative to the front, worsening understeer - the best setup but most epensive is the neuspeed rear bar 25mm combined with either the neuspeed 25mm front or the golf r32 23.9mm front (which is very cheap)

I've found the H&R roll bars all but eliminate understeer they are 24mm front and 26mm rear. Stiffer roll bar at the rear reduces understeer and i've noticed a big difference with this set up.

Like?

considering I'm not into lowering just want a much better ride with better handling, I dont mind lowering to sline as mines a sport with loads mods, what I do find is the rears height is ok, but the fronts seem high, what can you suggest damian above the FSD spec's as they rate well.

Thanks.

NHN

what I meant was fella I dont have sline springs at moment but 30mm eibachs seem to be the same height as sline's is this so & whats the cost of the set up in total, also didnt get answer to my question about the spacers on group buy thread as time running out.

Thanks.

NHN

No the S-Lines are about 20-25mm lower then standard so fitting the Eibach would make it ever so slightly lower.

Bilstein have just put there prices up so i'd need to double check with them once i'm back in the office tomorrow morning.

The Eibach springs are £135

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/ind...uct_info&cPath=1924_1941_1991&products_id=132

with the dampers being £399 which are also a good choice and match with the Eibach springs...

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/ind...uct_info&cPath=1924_1941_2012&products_id=260

Questions answered in the GB thread.

HTH

:icon_thumright:

Damian @ DPM

thought you said bilstein b6's would be better than FSD's, or dont they match well with the eibach springs mate?

I did say that mate but I also said i'd need to get a price for them in the morning once back in the office as Bilstein have just put the prices up but can PM you that tomorrow.

Just thought i'd also tell you about the Eibach dampers as they're also another good option if you're wanting to run Eibach springs.

Damian @ DPM