Smashed Wing Mirror!!!

p9lad

Reaction score
Aargh!!! i just got back from holiday yesterday and i went out this morning to do some shopping at the local super market i come back after an hour to find my passenger wing mirror smashed to smithereens!!!!!!:wtf:

i had a look at the wing mirror itself just a bit of a scratch u can hardle notice it but the mirror itself is smashed to pieces.

my question is how much is it to buy the glass and is it difficult to fit??

cheers guys!

hey I've got a passenger side for sale in perfect condition mate, let me know if interested.

Its fairly easy to fit & they are £30+ for basic versions, the auto dimming, heated & aspherical are £250 a piece

NHN

vagparts sell for £20.17 plus vat & delivery so thats what I said £30+ which is cheapest new supplier I can think of, so make me an offer fella if want.

I think he means the mirror is damaged but the actual cover is fine.

I've had the same thing; smashed to pieces mirror and scratched cover (they are pretty tough:)).

Nip down to your local Audi and ask for the mirror, it cost me £25-30 about 2 years ago.

The fitting is fairly logical, because the mirror is smashed up you should be able to see the connections. Just make sure you attach them properly or the heated door mirror option will not work.

I know the glass is damaged thats what I'm offering for sale.

& as stated the mirror glass itself that has auto dimming, heated & aspherical is £250 each alone, not the whole side mirror assembly, trust me I know this for sure after working on number mirrors on all 3 of my previous/present audis with folding systems.

I am not doubting your words :)

I only have the standard option on mine; heated and electronically controlled which cost me £25-30 from Audi.

no worries fella

its unreal £250 a pop, luckily I have a parts guy in DE which I can get my bits of cheap occassionally, thats why glad got folding as replacing my modded auto dimming ones would cost the earth, the mod was simple enough though, just time consuming & exactly the same wiring as if oem from factory, prewired to door pillars from the mirror glass anyway & then from door pillars upto rear view mirror, join left/right wires together then use 2 repair wires into spare slots in the rear view connector & bobs your uncle etc, uses a ground & a 1.5v powered wire when dimming function working which can easily do during day with hand over rear of mirror sensor & then light on front sensor.

cheers guys, i just have the basic heated and electronically controlled one! i will go to local stealer this week!

so annoying though!

cheers guys, i just have the basic heated and electronically controlled one! i will go to local stealer this week!

so annoying though!

fella I have a genuine exact what you require which could save you a few pennies & I could post tomorrow morning, just trying to help you out.

Also the movement part of the mirrors which most cars have are nothing to do with the glass, its the holder which has a motor behind it, yours are just heated thats all, movement is specific to the mirror assembly & no wires attach to the glass for movement, only wires that attach are for heated & dimming if you have already.

I know the glass is damaged thats what I'm offering for sale.

& as stated the mirror glass itself that has auto dimming, heated & aspherical is £250 each alone, not the whole side mirror assembly, trust me I know this for sure after working on number mirrors on all 3 of my previous/present audis with folding systems.

£250 for a bit of glass???

yeah for the dimming, heated & aspherical its not cheap fella, I got mine from a german friend for £85 for the 2, so I was lucky but even when I did on my S3 8L it was that much each, couldnt beleive it, but I wont be without them now for sure, they're briliant for night driving.

yeah for the dimming, heated & aspherical its not cheap fella, I got mine from a german friend for £85 for the 2, so I was lucky but even when I did on my S3 8L it was that much each, couldnt beleive it, but I wont be without them now for sure, they're briliant for night driving.
NHN - sorry for hijacking this thread but I have a 2005 3.0tdi A6 Quatrro (4F) which the drivers side mirror is heated and dimming, it seems to have gone faulty, as though there is some liquid behind it, I assume it needs replacing, do you stil have you german contact and if so how much would a replacement be?

lmfao, corsa mirrors are so popular tonite.

Ok so you need a dimming, heated & blind side glass or just the 1st 2?

I need just the drivers side glass for 2005 A6 3.0tdi quattro (4F), It is heated auto dimming and has the little verticle dashes on the right hand side of the glass, the auto dimming liquid has started to leak from the top of the glass.....