Confirmation my S3 is fixed.

but its better to remap it early and find the fault quicker, rather than it materialising in a couple of years.

Thats my excuse:keule:
So very true.
My MK5Gti DMF packed in right after it was remapped and just 6months before the warranty expired.
Obviously VW fitted a new one + a full clutch assembly which wouldnt have been cheap.
Without REVO the knackered DFM could have gone undetected beyond the warranty period hitting me right in the pocket.
So in fact remaps are also a diagnostic tool as well as a means of going faster, saving you time, and time is money.

Testimony yet again that remaps really do save you cash.:)
How did I manage without it?

cheers
Paul

In all these posts about mapping, there is little mention of actual boost levels, timing advance etc. I am from the old days of Subaru Impreza tuning and some very renowned tuners (ex prodrive etc.), the talk was always of boost, ignition, fuelling settings and how a change each of the variables has a change either for the worse or better. However, reading all the banter here, which is good, no one mentions actual settings other than variables on a Revo map set to 5, 6 or 7 etc.

So, does anyone no what the OEM boost level is for the S3 and what the various maps raise this too etc etc?

I have my facelift arriving early next week and after the run in period will be looking at a re-map, curious to hear that the new facelift requires a differing map to the outgoing 8P. Something I have thought about but not heard mentioned before.

Who fancies contacting audi then for a tech spec sheet with the differences between the old and new engines.....