Brakes

base_line

Reaction score
I've done a number of searches on the forum but can't really find any definitive answer, so I'm hoping that some one can help.

My A3 is suffering from corrosion around the discs and hubs which I understand is a common issue on early A3s (Correct me if I’m wrong).

So I'm going to replace the discs all round with some drilled/grooved versions for a little extra performance and I'd like to spruce up the callipers while I’m at it.

What I want to know is are the callipers on my 2004 3.2 DSG A3 the same as on a 3.2 TT and Golf R32?

I think they are but not 100% sure.

Let me know how you get on especially with the other mods!! After making my 3.2 have a little more go...

I have a set of 3.2 brakes to put on my A3 which are made by ATE (teves), they seem to be the same, ATE owned by continental, etka shows the same size discs & calipers look identical, the S3 brakes are 99% the same aswell just an asphetic difference but same disc & caliper design/action etc

That certainty helps,

I'll keep you informed with how I get on, my plan is to have the callipers anodized matt black to keep them looking OME

So A3 3.2 and S3 calipers are the same (Apart from the way they look)?

I'm upgrading so going to search for some 3.2 ones :D

Cheers

Yeah pretty much, only thing different I can see is asthetic, also both are made by ATE (Continental) & use same pads, discs, piston size etc etc.