New car arrived yesterday

mac1403

Reaction score
Picked my S3 up yesterday.......a whole month early...WOW.
Great car, but i have a question. What can you do if part of the spec of the car is missing. I especially spec'd folding mirrors, but they were not fitted. Phoned the dealer today who said they could not be retrospec'd but they were happy to offer a refund of the cost or free paint protection. The paint protection I don't want as they will only make a hash of it, and gettingt £103 back for not having the foilding mirrors is crap as they were important as the garage is quite narrow and she got big ears LOL.
Lastly considering I have not had an S3 before and this is the first ever new car is it normal to sound like a diesel as it starts. Lovely and quiet when its started though. Any help on either problems will be a help as i have to get back to the dealers with what I want to do. ........Cheers guys

congrats on the car. i'd go back to them with the mirrors, if thats what you ordered thats what you should get imho.

Congrats mate - welcome to the club!

Mirrors can be retrofitted- it's just a bit of a big job and will cost more than the £103 they are prepared to return to you.
If the ****** it up and you needed them for a specific reason, kick up a bit of a stink! It can be done!!!

Re: start up nosie - yeah pretty normal to sound a bit naff when it first catches, I also think they sound a little rough at tick over when stood at the front of the car - i believe it's the injectors at tickover not sure what the nasty start up noise is though.

Now - where are the pics???

:)

Marc i bet your happy i was actually going tp pm you yesterday to see if you ahd the car yet ha! I think a few people on here are considering retro fitting the folding mirrors. How the car going? Loving every moment i bet? And you got any photo yet?

Ashley

yeah the diesel noise is normal.

I had one out on a 5 day test and was parked up next to a friend who has a golf gttdi and i thought it was her engine that was running.

Congrats on the new car mate, i should be getting mine in about a week!
Gets some pics up!

Thanks chaps, Will put some pics up tonight I took when it was outside the dealers. Regarding the mirrors am just in the process of getting a quote from Audi bath so as soon as I have the information i will see what they say then about their. 'they can't be retrofitted statement' Jamie, they were inportant as the garage is not the widest through the opening so those big ears need the option to be tucked back LOL.

That's the way to do it.
Tell them to keep the £103 pounds and get them fitted as that's what you need on the car. I know what you mean about pinning back thos ears! he he he, though I notice them less and less in pics of the new S3.

J

Im sure they have a legal obligation to supply what you ordered.
Its basic contractual principles.

Buyers Enquires about `x`
Vendor Quotes for `x`
Buyer orders `x`
Vendor supplies `x`
Buyer pays for `x`

Challenge them on this.
Making such an obvious oversight is p!ss poor.

Enjoy the car.

Paul

Ha ha ha, Paul, I nearly wrote that too, but deleted it in the end... ;)

You agreed & signed a contract with a spec, they broke the contract so you are within your rights to return the car & get a full refund or they rectify the situation so you are happy, its a contract simple as that, they cant just offer a refund as that doesnt fulfil the legal contract

:icon_thumright: Congratulation mate you've finally got it after that wait.

And hey..... :sign_pics: :eyebrows:

Congratulations mate......you picked the right colour :)

Get back to the stealer and get them to retro fit your mirrors!

Enjoy.

Oh and post some pics.

I have just contacted Bath audi and they say the mirrors can be retrofitted, but it is expensive. They quote £720, which is broken down into £240 labour and the rest parts. Will contact the dealer and see what he says considering they stated it could not be done.

I have just contacted Bath audi and they say the mirrors can be retrofitted, but it is expensive. They quote £720, which is broken down into £240 labour and the rest parts. Will contact the dealer and see what he says considering they stated it could not be done.

Audi have a habit of saying things cant be retrofitted and being proved wrong often!

I would be very surprised though if they agreed to do this for you.

I would either get the refund and more compensation, contact Audi customer services and explain the problem and the difficulty of how now you cant get it into the garage.

Or return the car and have them order a new one, only downside with this is more waiting time but they may have one coming in as a demo somewhere in the country Audi UK could source for you??

Audi have a habit of saying things cant be retrofitted and being proved wrong often!

I would be very surprised though if they agreed to do this for you.

I would either get the refund and more compensation, contact Audi customer services and explain the problem and the difficulty of how now you cant get it into the garage.

Or return the car and have them order a new one, only downside with this is more waiting time but they may have one coming in as a demo somewhere in the country Audi UK could source for you??

Called the dealers this afternoon and told them they could be retrofitted, abeit a bit expensive. They then called back and agreed to fit them. They will also supply a courtesy car. Just got to work out a date. Only benefit is they fitted the auto dimming mirrors by mistake :)

Only benefit is they fitted the auto dimming mirrors by mistake :)

No mate, auto dimming mirrors is now part of the folding system as far as I'm aware, they reduced the cost for this on new cars as before it was £250 a side for the glass alone, so looks like you got half what you ordered & inadvertedly didnt realise you got dimming aswell, so result all round, you should push them for compensation aswell for messing you about & also your wasted time.

Compe been an S5 to run around in while waiting for yours :)

Glad they are sorting it out for you mate - good result

Compe been an S5 to run around in while waiting for yours :)

Glad they are sorting it out for you mate - good result

Na, why not go the whole hog. They had a nice new white R8 sat outside. i think a days use of that would be a fair trade!!

Congrats on the new car mate, you'll love it.

Good to hear that Audi are actually compensating you for their mistake, why should you be out of pocket for their **** up. I'd try and push them for a free service as well if I were you.

Yes thats correct, the auto dimming wing mirrors are part of the Light and Rain Sensor pack, pre facelift you had to spec these as extras but now they are included.