Help!!! What do i do now??

warleydaddy

Reaction score
After wanting a S3 for years,but always goin for something else, ifinally have 1. But after owning it for less than a month,im gettin abit bored with it now :( :(

What can i do to regain abit of fun out of it???

I dont wanna loose reliability,but am willing to spend in the right places???

Pete....

chip it , sort the suspension out and it will be a different car again. Normally takes a little longer to get that bored though lol

Buy a set of Toyo R888 and whip it around a track :)

That's a bit worrying Pete after only 1 month...lol

Remap for starters I'd say :)

Well its booked in for a map on thursday,so il see how it is then...

Dont wanna go R888 route yet,with the weather,and with xmas aproaching,weather isnt really what the car would need with them on!! lolol...

What turbo conversions are out there,ecu upgrades,etc etc...

Plus,what do you guys class as a good sus set up? Coilover,or just a polybush,and uprated struts??

Pete.

theres loads posted in the stickys about upgrades, ARB`s , shocks and springs for starters.

whos doing the remap for you ????

I cant blame you for getting bored! In standard form they really are incredibly dull.

Good, comfy, sensible cars, but still, proper dull. weak power and lifeless handling.

For starters, get a decent remap to up the boost, then sort out the brakes and suspension. S3 brakes tend to overheat and fade a lot, especially after you have the car remapped.

Some brembo 4 pots would cure that nicely.

As for suspension, there seems little point in coilovers from what I've gathered. The prefered setup is bilstien B8 shocks with H&R 25mm drop springs.

On my A3, the single biggest difference to the car came from the rear anti roll bar.

you want a bar thats proportionally bigger on the rear, so no use looking at R32 bars- that would be foolish, as the front bar is designed to cope with a whacking great V6.

I think the standard bars are 19mm front and 14mm rear. Upgrading to the neuspeed bars with 22mm front and 19mm rear seems to be the best balance.

Going larger on the rear bar still stop understeer, larger on the front will induce it again.

On my FWD A3 I run a 22mm front bar and a 25mm rear bar, but I dont have IRS, so you're probably best off with a slightly smaller rear.

Check ouut Ess_Threes tuning guides at the top of the forum, just about everything you need to know is in there!

Good luck! I know I could only ever buy a big turbo S3, I'd let someone else spend all the money on it, then reap the benefits!

Being the key point.

I couldn't hack it in the end, I look like a **** driving it, people hate you, and it costs the Earth to run. lets not even think about insurance either! It was a joke.

Luckily, my mum decided the A3 really wasn't for her either, so I've got it back!

Now have an M3 sitting in the road, and owe my mum £4k. No ****** will buy it though! It's mint, but the country has gone to ****.

Dont mean to hi-jack this thread BUT..... Prawn, can you tell me how much I would be looking to shell out for them ARB's your on about? Would I see a big difference in the handeling? My car is standard at the moment apart from the odd thing here and there.

Can I fit ARB's with what I have at the moment (STD shocks) and it would make a good difference? or best to do shocks next then the ARB's.

Cheers :thumbsup: