Hi! Just picked up the S3

Ben.S3

Reaction score
Hello people! Just thought I would register on here and share my new found joy!

Picked up my 2009 S3 on Friday and now trying to take it nice and easy for a few miles :p

My previous car was a Mini Cooper S (R56), lovely car, but the S3 is really in a league of its own. First impressions are fantastic, apart from a minor rattle in the rear (however by dropping the seats and putting them back up it seems to have resolved it!).

So much more refined than the Mini, and bags of power.

I have been using this forum to try and gather some info before i made my purchase and I must say there are some really helpful people on here.

The car is Phantom Black, Nav, Bose, I-Pod connection, low phone prep and rear tints. Could have gone wild with the spec, but there are limits!

I will try and get some photos up soon, its a bit dark though now!

Has anyone looked into Bluefin etc for the 2009 model? I know there are loads of threads covering this, i'm just wondering if anyone has ran their car in enough yet to install a re-map?!

Cheers Guys!

Welcome to the club Ben - enjoy the running in period... and then you can really enjoy it!!!

A few people have maps for the TT-S now (effectively the same engine) and are seeing about 310bhp!

I will try and take some photos tommorrow... Its looking dirty though :sadlike: I suppose thats what happens when you have a black car!

Loads of brake dust coming off at the minute too, so lots of cleaning to be done!

Just having issues with getting my contacts from my phone into the contacts list at the minute. I have done the obvious (copying from SIM to phone memory with no joy).

Oh well, I will get there eventually!

Ben.

Welcome aboard...great choise of Car.....but Rule Number 1: when first posting and receiving a new car, the first thing you do is post pictures.....so mate...get your act together and show us those pictures....

Wish you lots of Happy rides....

did you squeeze the dealer on the VAT to get your 15%?

i threatened to cancel mine which was due to be delivered on Thursday unless they invoiced me Monday at the lower rate.

presto.....£548 back and the car!

My car is due to be delivered March 09. I ordered in October. Should I be entitled to the 15% VAT even though we have an agreed sale etc.

David

Congrats on the car also.

Deffo Dave - so long as you haven't paid for the car in full already (which I'm doubting) the balance should be at the new VAt rate of 15%.
It makes no difference to the dealer, they get the same amount of money your simply benefiting from sendling less cash to the government!
Give your dealer a call and get them to update the paperwork!

J

I will get the pics up ASAP! I am at work at the minute so will probably be in the morning when its light... Although I could take a pic with the DRL's on :p

My car is due to be delivered March 09. I ordered in October. Should I be entitled to the 15% VAT even though we have an agreed sale etc.

David

Congrats on the car also.

yes, because even though you ordered it, the goods will be delivered on or after the 1st dec.