Selling my car

My 01 s3 was up for £6600, 1 owner from new with 100k, fsh, I paid £4600 cash, I thought I got a good deal.

My 01 s3 was up for £6600, 1 owner from new with 100k, fsh, I paid £4600 cash, I thought I got a good deal.

I would say you got a good deal, its worrying what mine would be worth now though :(.

Only problem I have with the devaluing so much is that the maintenance and what not does not fall in line, its one thing paying out big money for a job on a car worth around 8k but when its worth around 4k and your paying close to 1k for a new clutch for instance its not making much sense is it.

I spent around £6k on my subaru making it look nice and go very fast, I sold it for £7k, so the £9.5k I paid for the car you could say I lost. I spent that on the car for my pleasure and you don't get much of the money back. Its all for the THRILL and the BUZZ.

Yeah car market at the moment is bottoming out unfortunatly, the S3 is hit particularly hard what with the new shape model out, tax approaching £420 ish in a year, cars reaching earliest 5 years old and the credit crunch all seem to have dropped the price hard. I have seen some people try selling for £13k but I looked around and you can get an E46 BMW M3 for a few thousend more! Plus the newer shape S3 is only bout £17/£18k second hand...

Your last name isn't Parker by any chance is it ??

hmmmm, many years ago when i was in car sales we used to laugh at people walking in with the legendary parkers guide telling them that their car is worth millions - my answer 'is that why you bought the book'?.... parkers guide used to be around £3, glasses and CAP require a trade annual subscription of hundreds of pounds, even if a member of the public had glasses or CAP they most probably still couldnt value the car as its trade knowledge used with these valuation guides that puts a price on a windscreen - 99% of cars in the market will not fetch 'book' value, this is a fact - if you dont want to acknowledge that i suggest you put 'your' price on your car and try and sell it, to prove my point

If someone mess's up and you loose money you can sue them right?

On this basis can I sue Gordon Brown, Labour and the Major Banks for cocking up to such an extent and devaluaing my assets through no action of my own? Especially as the Unelected leader of a democracy?

Just a thought..... :superman:
that is al

Davel

'if someones messes up and you loose money you can sue them right?' :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:.....sorry i just wet myself

bring on the court case where the entire car owning community can sue the government for devaluation:laugh:. Whilst i agree that Gordon Brown shouldnt be a leader, I doubt very much that anyone was complaining when we were taking advantage of the fantastic savings/mortgage rates that were created as a direct result of the money markets...yes the banks shouldnt have lent money to lend onto us, which is why they arent passing the full rate cuts across to us yet, because they are still repaying their debts to thir lenders - i think the blame shouldnt be placed solely on the banks or the government, we are all to blame

Labour just dont make it easier as they do what the voting public want so they get their vote in, instead of running the country like a business - if the average high street company ran it taking full advice from its work force how many firms would go under?

hmmmm, many years ago when i was in car sales we used to laugh at people walking in with the legendary parkers guide telling them that their car is worth millions - my answer 'is that why you bought the book'?.... parkers guide used to be around £3, glasses and CAP require a trade annual subscription of hundreds of pounds, even if a member of the public had glasses or CAP they most probably still couldnt value the car as its trade knowledge used with these valuation guides that puts a price on a windscreen - 99% of cars in the market will not fetch 'book' value, this is a fact - if you dont want to acknowledge that i suggest you put 'your' price on your car and try and sell it, to prove my point

I'm only joking.... i know the score....