anyone for some carbon fiber???

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
i have recently contacted a company about specially making up some carbon fiber trims for our audi s3's, i have asked about the rear bumper insert the front bumper insert and the trim at the bottom of the doors on the s3, they are very intereted in making up some moulds but to make it worth while for them i'd need to gather another 9 genuine buyers, so i no from saying about this before in posts there is genuine interest there already i just need to get 9 other genuine buyers,
in the mean time i shall reply to there email and try to get some rough prices together as im sure this is going to be a contributing factor in your decision making

1) s3_kev
2)
3)
4)
etc

yup, cost is the main driver Kev..... good suggestion so far though mate

i want some been looking into it also but from japan to keep cost down im waiting for a reply from them but if your doing it im intrested

good to see there is some interest i have emailed them back and waiting for a rough price as they can only give us a geustimate on price, as i to am interested in the cost before i commit

i really need some decent pics of the front bumper insert and if anyone knows if you can get the insert seperatly from audi as im beginig to wounder if it comes with the whole bumper,

I can't help thinking that CF is used for saving weight, and no matter how much CF you put on an S3, it's still going to be a heavy machine!

its only ever going to be a looks thing IMO - looks are only worth a certain amount though, i wont be spending a fortune on one of these.... im guessing they wont be cheap though

Kev you can get a detailed breakdown of the bumper here http://www.vagcat.com/
I tried to copy it over but i'm afraid it didn't work (IT skills are lacking) i have used this for other parts in the past but don't use the part numbers as they can be incorrect. It's a good source for a breakdown of the cars components.

I cool touch but I dont think it would go well with the classic look of my S3.

Hope it goes well though as once the moulds have been made its easy to reproduce on a lesser scale for future owners.

All the bits are available seperately Kev as some ******* reversed a transit van into the front of my car and smashed up my lower grill.
£100 all in for both fog light grills, centre grill, clips and surround. :yes:

And yes, I would be interested depending on price!

All the bits are available seperately Kev as some ******* reversed a transit van into the front of my car and smashed up my lower grill.
£100 all in for both fog light grills, centre grill, clips and surround. :yes:

And yes, I would be interested depending on price!
cool cheers for the help, i have been to audi this morning and have since found out i can in fact get the front bumper insert :thumbsup:,

i have also been on vagcat.com and have found the etka image of the front bumper and have taken loads of pics of the trims, which i have emaild to them as they requested decent pics so they could try and give us a ball park figure of cost so hopefully were getting somewhere with this just need some more interest

I would be interset in the side trims, dependant on price.

i think these would have to be super cheap given what i think they are gonna cost.... hope im wrong

i think these would have to be super cheap given what i think they are gonna cost.... hope im wrong
im still waiting for a reply email on prices but like you say i dont think there going to be super cheap as anything carbon fiber seems to be expensive

no mate i had an email saying that there busy with a christmas rush and would study my pics i emailed them about the parts so they could give us an idea of price, i havent heared anything as of yet but i have lost the wil to try sorting it to at the moment

Yea, whats the latest on this, would defo been keen within reason of price (not expecting it to be silly cheap).
cheers

i havent heared any thing back from the guys who were going to do the work for us i guess they couldnt be bothered plus it seemed not many people were willing to pay sensible prices so i gave up trying, i have my car in the bodyshop now having the trims and bumper pannels painted a laqured grey now instead so im not going to persue it, if anyone wants to try and get this going then pm me for details and then you can take over

ok cool, it think i am just going to go down the black laqured bumper insert route!

thats a shame, but fair enough. hopefully someone will take it on in the future.

:salute: