Clutch pad wear indicator

rraghvani

Whoever does not try, does not learn.
Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
Are there any plugs/holes so that it possible to see how much clutch pad is left over?

I seem to be suffering from clutch slippage during 5th and 6th gear on a standard Audi S3 52 plate that’s done 55K miles. I’m quite certain that I haven’t totally burnt out my clutch, I only noticed the symptoms a week after having my front left wheel gaiter replaced. I done the usual test of pulling the hand brake up, and trying to pull off in 1st gear and there doesn’t seem to be any slippage – I’m quite curious to know what the exact problem is.

i get this only is 6th and rarely in 5th not in any other gears and its not all the time.

The garage that fixed my gaiter, I don’t know whether they forgot to connect something back up? As something like doesn’t happen overnight, it’s more of a gradual affect. One of the other possibilities I thought about was the weather, as it has been very cold recently – but I’m quite certain the clutch system is all seal. Someone pointed out on this forum that it could be the waste gate, I have an aftermarket one which I service quite often and this is not the problem.