Audi radio codes

AlexStanley

Reaction score
Website
www.alexstanley.co.uk
Finally got around to plugging in a newer Concert unit in my pre-facelift 8L A3, only to realise that I've lost the security code for it (it's been sat on a shelf in the garage for something like 3 years ;) ).

Is there a cheap and effective way of getting a replacement code, or do I have to go directly to a dealer?

Thanks Andy.

Just phoned a dealer and asked them about this - they want to have the car in to put onto diganostics etc. - WTF?!

Is this right, or is it just a ploy to get the car in? Seems like an awful lot of faff just to get a security code for the radio...

I have heard the same thing and that's a problem for me because my car doesen't have can-bus so it's not connected to the OBD

I have sent an e-mail to the HQ of Audi sweden today and will hopefully get an answer on monday. I wrote about this in an other forum and there was a guy the that got his code without connecting the car, all he needed was the VIN from the car that the stereo was from. To bad that the Audi dealer that he spoke to is 200 km away from me

You can get it from the VIN if it's the original radio as fitted at the factory. If it's not then they have to do a bit more work.