Doors open read out on DIS.

Westy

Reaction score
I dont think this is meant to happen!

When I open the drivers door my DIS shows that the drivers door is open. But If I have my drivers door shut and open the passenger door is shows that both doors are open! :wtf:

It's probably the contact switch on the door locks., or the contact circuit. I've just had one replaced at Audi for £170, and that was a good deal. Originally I got quoted over £220 as the door trim has to come off. :(

Does it still show as open when the drivers is shut without passengers open & do the lights go out normally?

Does it still show as open when the drivers is shut without passengers open & do the lights go out normally?

Not too sure what you mean?

When both doors are shut the dis shows them shut. When the drivers is open on its own the dis shows just the drivers door open. If only the passenger door is open the dis shows both doors open!

Do you have any probs with the Boot, or is it just the doors??

It could be the microswitch thats causing a problem, there is a common fault on the S3, where in the heat it thinkst that the drivers door is open, i know thats slightly different to what you are having, but it could be something along those lines causing the problem....

Hi there, I had a similar problem a while back - drivers door showing a open intermittently - also meant the alarm wouldnt set. I think its the micro switch and there was a link to replacing the microswitch - looked a bit fiddly so I bought the whole latch assembly from Audi for about £40 and fitted it myself. There's a link on here somewhere about how to do this which I followed - took a few hours but saved me a few quid.

Thanks, I take a look for the guide cos my alarm doesn't arm either so it may be the same issue you had. How did you diagnose which door switch needed replacing cos mine only has issues when opening the passenger door but its the drivers door that displays as open too!!!

I just sprayed inside the keyhole with WD40 and it did the trick....might be worth a go....

Sounds odd that both doors are causing a problem - mine was definately only the drivers side. Wish I could find that link for you - there were pictures in the guide.

LOL...soz dude, at least you got rid of the squeak :)