K03S Actuator

AndrewUkR6

Reaction score
Hi, just got hold of a used K03s turbo for my 2000 A3. However its missing the actuator and bracket. Does anyone know if the K03 actuator/bracket is the same?

Thanks

Edit: got the guy to send me the original ko3s actuator, however having spoken to someone they said it now might need to be re-calibrated on a bench at £75 per/hr? I belive the actutor would have had to come off to get the turbo out anyway, so anyone got any knowledge on this?

Acturator calibration is possible on the car, but you need a boost gauge. With the engine off you want a certain amount of pre-load to push the wastegate flapper shut.

I can measure my old turbo for a starting point if you like.

Then electrically unplug the N75 and go for a drive. You shouldn't be able to go over wastegate pressure under full throttle (can't remember exactly what that is off the top of my head).

If boost rises too much BACK OFF!! and loosen the adjustment a little. Too much boost = very bad.
If boost doesn't reach the correct pressure, tighten it.

Disclaimer........you break stuff, it ain't my fault :)

I had to do this with my JBS04. Apparently 28PSI is tooooo much!. I adjusted the actuator and went for a whizz up the road to see what difference I had made. I was using an Innovate data logger for checking the boost, rather than a boost gauge.

It took a couple of tries to get it down to 22PSI.

I tried being all scientific but the road test method worked best.

Gavin

Just to add, do not set your boost at 22psi with the N75 unplugged if your is unchipped. It's going to be more like 5psi, but I don't know the static pressure personally.