Side light bulbs

S3-Andy

Reaction score
finally got round to fitting new LED bulbs to the S3, was a bit of a pain, bulbs were seriously tight and there is limited room and ended up removing the battery to fit the passanger side,but worth it in the end much better than the yellow glow i had,only problem i got now is they are so good the make the head light bulbs look a bit poor!!

I tried to change my sidelights to LEDs, but just couldnt get them out so just left it!!!

Have you got any pics, will be good to see them in the day and night please...

It takes time and you will have to shed blood ...

I tried to change my sidelights to LEDs, but just couldnt get them out so just left it!!!

Have you got any pics, will be good to see them in the day and night please...

I don't know why people have so many problems removing their sidelight bulbs. There's no need to remove anything from the engine bay, just give a little tug on the wiring which goes into the bulb holder and they pop out :confused:

I don't know why people have so many problems removing their sidelight bulbs. There's no need to remove anything from the engine bay, just give a little tug on the wiring which goes into the bulb holder and they pop out :confused:

And thats why you are called "themanthatcan" :moa:

mate a little tug on the wires???
id like to think i am pretty handy and tackle everything on the car but honestly there was no way these were comin out with i little tug on the wires,it would have ripped them from the holders! and to be honest i had to pull one side out with pliers!!
maybe yours had previously been out and not pushed full home,as mine were even really tight to push fully home,ill try and get some pics people,will i have to create a account to post them? i never posted any pics.

grab the wires & give em a good yank, theres no way them wires are coming away from the holders its the only way !.

I removed most of the skin from my hands before giving up and just tugging the wires. They popped about easily, its just it doesn't feel right to do so you've gotta be brave and go for it!

mate a little tug on the wires???
id like to think i am pretty handy and tackle everything on the car but honestly there was no way these were comin out with i little tug on the wires,it would have ripped them from the holders! and to be honest i had to pull one side out with pliers!!
maybe yours had previously been out and not pushed full home,as mine were even really tight to push fully home,ill try and get some pics people,will i have to create a account to post them? i never posted any pics.

I've changed my sidelight bulbs twice now and both times the holders were seated correctly and came out fine with a quick yank on the wires. Maybe yours were just in really tight?

Have to say I swapped mine in a halfords car park in a few mins. Mine are pre facelift if that makes a difference. Even so, pretty straight forward really.

Do they cause the car to flag a bulb error or are they ok. Fancy some of these myself!

I dont think they bring up an error, as far as im aware..

they dont bring up any errors mate, mine are seriously tight, i was asking myself why the hell have they made them such a good fit, never mind i doubt i will need to change them again.