New Wheels for my A3.....

SMc

Reaction score
Website
www.smcphotography.co.uk
Thinking of these for my A3.....here is the car.......

4748284653a8498826586o.jpg

4748284653a9350776232o.jpg

and these are the wheels I am considering......

Still keeping 18" although going for 8x18" I reckon.......

equinox_4klei.jpg

de7b99bb7edc3aaeb7227db6e7a10865.jpg

What do you reckon?

Silver ones are nice too but I fancy having the matt black with the polished rim.....
here are the silver ones......

Equinox_hps_big.JPG

Id say go with the black and chrome rim mate, I'm after a lava grey to-they look real nice with matte black alloys. Whats the name of the alloys? I'll do a photoshop for ya if you want?

get 19's, IMO 18's look ok, but 19's have the wow factor more so.

Id say go with the black and chrome rim mate, I'm after a lava grey to-they look real nice with matte black alloys. Whats the name of the alloys? I'll do a photoshop for ya if you want?

A photoshop woud be brilliant mate! Thanks!!

Here are a couple of side-on shots of my car......

4748284653a6799127835o.jpg

4748284653a9350776253o.jpg

The wheels are Team Dynamics EQUINOX in Matt Black......I've been trying to find a decent full face on shot for the photoshop, this is the best I can find.....

Equinox.jpg

Look forward to seeing the photoshop...thanks again!

get 19's, IMO 18's look ok, but 19's have the wow factor more so.

I was tempted mate....but I dont want to stray too far from standard.....I do a lot of miles and want to keep the same level of comfort I have at the moment....the 19s will be noiser and give a harsher ride........although they would look the ********! :eek:)

stick with your standard wheels

Thanks mate, but I am committed to replacing the wheels now! My car is going in Fast Car as a 'staff project' therefore will have subtle changes made to it each month for an article in the mag. I've already had tyres from Continental so must find wheels to commence with the feature!

I'm going to have a look on your website....you got any photos of your A3 on here anywhere?

Here you go mate, tried my best with the wheels, the picture was at a dodgy angle! I've also tinted youre fron windows, lamin-X head lights, fogs and indicators.........Enjoy

5door.jpg

Here you go mate, tried my best with the wheels, the picture was at a dodgy angle! I've also tinted youre fron windows, lamin-X head lights, fogs and indicators.........Enjoy

5door.jpg

Thats brilliant mate, well done....thanks for taking the time to do that!

I think the wheels are spot on....think I'll go ahead with it....

I'll keep you posted and let you see somne photos of the car with the real ones on when it happens!

What are you planning to do with your 170?

Cheers

you read my mind I'm looking at team dynamics 19s for my lava grey was thinking they grey colour though there quite dark almost the same as lava grey when you see them in the flesh or black not sure yet maybe dynamics mesh 111 wheels in grey or team dynamics savage sprayed matt black there nice also i'm getting my windows done to 30 percent all round and i got 09 lights Ive fitted them today took me 45 min Ive tinted them but left the silver going through both lights silver they look wicked i just need to get the coding done but id get your wheels they look nice .....

I'll keep you posted and let you see somne photos of the car with the real ones on when it happens!

Cheers

Cheers

No worries mate, Im off uni for 2 weeks so got nuthing else to do haha been searching for a car all day and think I've found 1 now...I'll post it up on my 'opinions please' thread. see what ya think.

I think first ill go with optics grill and Lamin x then in summer I'll get a remap. what other plans have u got for yours? what did you think of the tinted window and lights? lol

you read my mind I'm looking at team dynamics 19s for my lava grey was thinking they grey colour though there quite dark almost the same as lava grey when you see them in the flesh or black not sure yet maybe dynamics mesh 111 wheels in grey or team dynamics savage sprayed matt black there nice also i'm getting my windows done to 30 percent all round and i got 09 lights Ive fitted them today took me 45 min Ive tinted them but left the silver going through both lights silver they look wicked i just need to get the coding done but id get your wheels they look nice .....

Get some pics up mate, wouldnt mind seeing 09 lights on a lava grey. And if you want I can photoshop the wheels ur after on ur car if you get me decent pics?

You spotted the potential too! Well done! I have went through the same dilema....saw the gray ones at Autosport and have been trying to decide between those and matt black too!! lol. In the end, I reckoned the car looks black most of the time whereas I think the grey ones will be a touch too light....but I may be wrong. It was the fact they are matt black that convinced me....think that will be a cool finish.

Do you have any decent photos of your car with the new lights etc? Sounds nice!

hmm im tempted now... man the end of this month is takin forever to come!!!

i dont know how to post photo,s on here,,, im gona take a few tommorrow and see if i can get some pics on i think they look pretty good im goin with kinda the stealth look not to dark though with the windows and that dont want it looking naff

You spotted the potential too! Well done! I have went through the same dilema....saw the gray ones at Autosport and have been trying to decide between those and matt black too!! lol. In the end, I reckoned the car looks black most of the time whereas I think the grey ones will be a touch too light....but I may be wrong. It was the fact they are matt black that convinced me....think that will be a cool finish.

Do you have any decent photos of your car with the new lights etc? Sounds nice!

im pretty good with photo shop to il take some pics on sat i think im getting the coding on sat hopefully so il throw daytime and night pics on then im gonna photoshop what im hopefully gona get my car looking like....

No worries mate, Im off uni for 2 weeks so got nuthing else to do haha been searching for a car all day and think I've found 1 now...I'll post it up on my 'opinions please' thread. see what ya think.

I think first ill go with optics grill and Lamin x then in summer I'll get a remap. what other plans have u got for yours? what did you think of the tinted window and lights? lol

Get some pics up mate, wouldnt mind seeing 09 lights on a lava grey. And if you want I can photoshop the wheels ur after on ur car if you get me decent pics?

im pretty good with photo shop to il take some pics on sat i think im getting the coding on sat hopefully so il throw daytime and night pics on then im gonna photoshop what im hopefully gona get my car looking like....

nice one, looking forward too seeing it mate

Thanks for the opinions guys......especially Lee who did the photoshop!

I have now ordered the wheels and should have them by the end of next week! :icon_thumright: