Electric Window Cable / Mechanism

recomdos

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi all,

With reference to the problem of the electric windows busting on the A3/S3 (higlighted with fix by HTC here) I have a problem.

I couldn't get to the mechanism last night, so I dropped my car off with my mechanic this morning, who took a look at it for me (they also found the removal of the door card a pain!). Anyway it turns out the motor is working ok, though I need a new cable kit. Does anyone know if I can just buy the cables from Audi as a set? As I say I don't need the motor. Surely it should be possible to buy the specific parts?

Hopefully they didn't overlook just a broken clip - I'll check with them tonight when I pick it up.

Any help, gratefully appreciated!
Rob

p.s. now I have to be ultra careful not to activate the window from the driver side otherwise I'll be stuffed!

Sounds like the regulator, same as mine.

I ended up disconnecting the switches on my door, got sick of forgetting and putting the window down and spending 20 minutes trying to get it back up !

Yeah I'm hoping it's 'just' the clips. I think I'll order a couple from Audi, and then try to give it a go myself :ohmy:. My car's a 97 (R) plate A3 - anyone confirm if the part number of these clips (4B0 837 463B) is correct? Also how much did they cost? I'll order two just in case.

Really I'd prefer my mechanic to do it just in case something goes wrong, though when I spoke to him about the parts they didn't think it would be the clips - I reckon it will be the clips!

Cheers
Rob