Warning & Indicators on Dash

CMD

Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Hi All

Quick Question with regards to the above items, On my Audi A4 1.8 T: (190) - Reading through Audi's Manual pages 21 - 40, when pressing auto check button on dash the car runs through its checks, but in the large display it shows a large red brake symbol, and the next check been oil, shows a large can and oil pressure written under neath, it then carries on its checks and then all comes up ok:
Is this normal or should I be concerned about anything, the car has only covered 36k, I have done oil service only 1 month ago, the car is due next service in 9k: Any advise would be helpfull

many thanks

CMD

I'm not too sure what you're saying, if it performs the autocheck satisfactorily and say "OK" at the end then there is no problem is there?

when i turn the key to start the car and press the check button it runs a check
of oil.brake's,coolant,ect,ect In the large portion of the display a red brake shows and the same when the oil check comes on again the large oil can is shown then the check carry's on and at the end of the checks OK is shown on the small screen..

Mine does these checks automatically when I start the car, I will try pressing the check button immediately after I start tomorrow and let you know what happens.

Mine runs these checks at start up as well. I think pressing the check button just forces the car to run them again. If its saying OK you should be good!

As long as it says OK, you have nothing to worry about, if you press check and it shows it then as well, its all good, only when you are driving or when you start the car and it BEEEEEPs and flashes up, then look into it.

When i start up there are 3 beeps and a large brake symbol is shown.I know i need new disc's/pads .Its a bit of a puzzel why a large oil and coolant symbol's in red show's when i press the check even when all is OK .Any how i have booked the car in for a service minus the oil change .I was hoping to upgrade the brakes.I would also like to know if there are any member's who live in S.Wales that know of any Ind VAG GARAGES

perhaps its more of a test of the oil and cooling warning systems, than a test of whether the oil and coolant are currently ok?

The brake symbol and three beeps could be pad warning, but it could also indicate an ABS fault, or perhaps low brake fluid?

What does the big red symbol actually look like?