Whats stopping me ?

montymole

Reaction score
My friend has just had his 09 s3 Bluefine'd and is very happy,

I have an s3 on order for the middle of march, what's stopping me giving my mate say £100 and using his BlueFin to flash my ECU ????

same car.....same engine ???

does it have some type of checksum ?

it's just that people are always selling them on ebay ?
:unsure:

Welcome!

Good idea, but alas it won't work. As you probably know, the bluefin takes a copy of the cars map for you to send off to Superchips. They then send you back a remap file for you to upload into the bluefin and then into the cars ECU. The remap file is tied to the chassis number or ECU serial number. You could try it, if the bluefin lets you do it, however, a fear you may end up with a hosed ECU and a very large repair bill. I think superchips have on offer on at the moment, why not give them a call and see if's still available in March?

HTH

Is the Revo re-map really alot better than the Bluefin - superchip maps then ?

The Revo map can be adjusted with a select plus device so you can tweak the map as your mods grow or in my case add a little more boost as it's cold. It also has an anti theft mode.

IIRC the power delivery is a little different, the superchips offering as smooth, where as the Revo give you a little more "kick" You could trial them both and see what you think.

i used to own a scooby sti.....and loved the kick in the back of the neck i used to get, so i guess the revo could be the way to go, I have to admit though the s3...when on test drive did deliver the power very smoothly...

I guess the revo will be a lot more expensive then ?

I think it's 499+VAT, i'm sure you'll find a dealer who'll do it for cash and loose the VAT. How does that compare to Superchips?

Bluefin/super chips is £435 inc vat and delivery of the hand held device......hmmmm

I wonder which once flashed would provide a quicker 0-62 feel ? not really that bothered about increase in top speed....

do you guys know what the mpg would be like on either affter the ecu upgrade with normal driving and the odd spurt of speed...???

My average MPG with Revo is around 25/26 MPG, it's fair to say my drive style is normal with the odd blast. That said on a long motorway run I can see 31 MPG.

thats not too bad at all, my current car civic type r gt, only does 31mpg on motorway driving and around 25-28 when blasting it....

what bhp figure did you end up with on the revo ??? 290-300 ???

and if you dont mind me asking how many mile to you get out of you average tank of fuel ??? 280-300 ???

IIRC the power delivery is a little different, the superchips offering as smooth, where as the Revo give you a little more "kick" You could trial them both and see what you think.

More power,and a more aggressive delivery.

I think this post from Iggu was what sold me on the Revo...

http://audi-sport.net/vb/showpost.php?p=607037&postcount=1

He's posted the RR figures for several variations,including the Superchips and Revo,plus exhaust and intake,and the Revo alone.

I "only" got 310bhp but got 360lbs of torque,and that was after the ECU had reset to it's defaults before the remap.

Currently averaging 27mpg which includes some town driving,motorway and the odd blast,and always about 320-330 miles per tank.

Going back later next week for the fuel pump and bit more power.

thats very impressive Mpg for that much power....so much better than my STI....

and to get 320 - 330 per tank is better than my Civic type r....

so glad i Have the S3 on order......

I guess Revo could be the way to go, do they allow you to put the car back to normal when you come to sell the car ??? and do they charge you for doing so ?

thats not too bad at all, my current car civic type r gt, only does 31mpg on motorway driving and around 25-28 when blasting it....

what bhp figure did you end up with on the revo ??? 290-300 ???

and if you dont mind me asking how many mile to you get out of you average tank of fuel ??? 280-300 ???

BHP? Not had it on a dyno. But it must be around the 310-320 mark from what others on a dyno have seen.

Fuel? Erm 300-320 or there abouts.

I guess Revo could be the way to go, do they allow you to put the car back to normal when you come to sell the car ??? and do they charge you for doing so ?

You could turn the map off (with a select or borrow one) or ask a revo dealer to flash it back to standard for you. Would they charge you? I guess that depends on the dealer.

You could turn the map off (with a select or borrow one) or ask a revo dealer to flash it back to standard for you. Would they charge you? I guess that depends on the dealer.

Yes they can be set back to normal,and my local dealer charges basically for the rolling road time and labour.

to switch back to stock with our software just use a select or a select plus :)

My dealer doesnt charge for a reflash.

Suppose I should really get around to getting myself a Select Switch.

Yeah, reckon REVO has to be 300+bhp if only for the fact the car feels MUCH more than std.