Snapped F***ing Fuel Clip

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Just had the car in for all new brakes and servicing (the brakes went wrong so had to admit defeat and give it to the mechanic) anyway i picked the car up and had a chat to the mechanic, yes eveythings fine, its all been done BUT... you know your fuel filter, yes, well somebody whos done the previous services has snapped the clip that connects it to the fuel line :banghead:, he didnt want to attempt to swap it for the new one in case he couldnt secure the new filter. F**king great i thought, ive read afew things about this and it could cost me upto a £1000, can this be right and what options do i have?

which side is snapped the line running the engine way or towards the back?

he didnt actualy say and i was that p***ed off i didnt even think to ask, im going to seem him tomorrow so ill ask, i know if its the engine way its going to cost £££'s

i snapped mine but the 1 going to the petrol tank was a long job i tried to feed it through but not enough space so i had to drop the petrol tank a little bit and all was ok hope its not to pricey for u a new line cost me £10

me too mate, i hope its the same outcome as yours but knowing my luck at the moment it wont lol

the guy didn't snap it himself did he, ya never know!!

Up to £1000 for fixing a snapped fuel line?

Do you have titanium fuel lines with solid gold fittings?

You could go to the likes of Demon tweeks and buy flexible fuel lines with proper connectors for £20 per meter.

However, the £10 quoted above is more realistic. Plus maybe two hours labour if you cant do it yourself.

Not at all, when i was going to service it myself i came across afew things on the net saying about fuel line clips been broken and costing a fortune to fix.

So your saying it doesnt matter which side its broken it wont cost a fortune?

lol solid gold fittings but yeah that is what he is telling you no where near that price do it your self easy enough