sluggish s3

brucey1

Reaction score
i have had my s3 now for about a month and it still isnt what i was expecting.

my emission control light came on the other day so i took it to audi, they put it on their computer and said there were 3 faults,but when they cleared the faults they couldnt get them to show up again so couldnt do anything about them.

they didnt go into much detail of what they were but i think one was a charge control valve or somethin??, one was spuratic?? and there was another but didn really catch wat she said.

just wandering whether its just me, or there is something wrong with it?as people on here seem to say that once the boost has kicked in they are forced back into their seats

it does seem to pull alot better when cold, but once warm it just seems dull and slow, and 0-60 takes about 10-12secs not 5.7 or whatever its suppoesed to be.

so just thought i'd ask for some advice of what i should do,as if there is anything wrong i would rather it is replaced while its still under warranty.

it does seem to pull alot better when cold, but once warm it just seems dull and slow, and 0-60 takes about 10-12secs not 5.7 or whatever its suppoesed to be.

It sounds ****** - irrespective of whether any error codes are being shown, it's clearly not running right, and any test drive will show that - just get it booked straight into Audi, and don't accept it back until it's right!

yes think i may do that,they said i could have them investigate the areas they found the codes in for dodgy components but i would be charged for this. so they said go away and wait for the light to come back on again basically.

i take it when all is working well these cars are very noticably quick and have fast acceleration? as mine is ok but i think my old 306 gti6 would give it a very good run for its money!

What were the codes that came up mate - a dodgy maf sensor can cause a car to be sloooowww...

Or even a temp sender - as i found out which relates to the faster when cold...

And Audi should do it for free if the cars under warranty ???

there is definitely something wrong

Take an Audi technician out in the car, try and take another S3 out for a drive if they have one to do a back to back test with an Audi tech in the car. Get them to drive it. If it is as bad as you say it is they will notice it. If they refuse to do anything make a lot of noise in the showroom and take it up with Audi customer services. The car is under warranty and should be working properly, they need to have a good reason not to fix it under warranty

As said above: make sure that you go out with the technician in the car. I reported a fault on mine recently and the technician took it out (apparently) and couldnt find anything. Two weeks later when I took it back, miraculously he agreed there was a fault!

I have to agree with the above. Also get them to write down what the faults are the reader is coming up with. If you can't understand what they are saying, it could just be bullsh1t!! Never leave a dealers or any garage until you are satisfied with the outcome. I've found telling incoming customers about the shoddy level of service you are receiving usually does the trick and gets things sorted double time.
regards
Dave

are you still within the 30 days of purchase, cos there imight be a 30 day 1,000 mile no quibble return on audi used approved

not to sure wat the codes were,as they told me they thought the car was ok. but driving it today definetly made my mind up there is something wrong, i think it may be misfireing slightly. if i sit on the spot and rev ,it sort of splutters a little. cant really feel it when driving apart from the lack of acceleration. but 0-60in no less than 11-12 secs cant be right can it???

anywho i booked it in to audi today but cant fit me in for 2 weeks, as they dont have a courtesy car spot free until then. i shall be taking your advice and leaving it there until its sorted. i think they just said i would be charged if they investigate and dont find anything wrong which is fair enough i guess.

if say it is the coolant temp sensor or coilpack or something like that would these things cause the emission control light to be on? as i said the light was on but hasnt come on for 2-3 weeks now??

its just annoying me now!!!:keule:

the 0-60 prob should be enough to prove there is an issue and the car isn't running right. Don't pay anything without speaking to Audi Customer services first if you aren't happy

anywho i booked it in to audi today but cant fit me in for 2 weeks, as they dont have a courtesy car spot free until then.

If you are in warranty and turn up with the car they are obliged to take it in and sort it there and then. Don't wait 2 weeks mate. The car clearly isn't right. You should be getting 5.5 secs approx 0-60 and the car will feel lightning quick.

i used vag-com on my car and checked the boost pressures the specified and actual readings were both very different?

tick over
specified= 0.3bar
actual=0.9bar

then when accelerating around 3500 ish revs
specified=2.1 ish bar
actual=1.3-1.4bar

is this anywhere near where it should be?

its going into audi tomorrow but just thought i'd ask on hear to see if any1 could shed any light on the problem:shrug:

well very glad i had audi look into my poor performance, as i had to have a new turbo and cat fited.

so understandably its like a new car and i love it,not sure wat caused them to fail though. i would imagine that either one would cause the other to fail??

so thanks to those who said i should get it looked at!

well i think it must have been on the way out when i bought it, as its alot better now than when i first had it.all good now though!!