changin sidelight and dipped light bulbs to match xeons

ty160

s3 tys
Reaction score
on a s3 do ya have to take bumper and lights out to change the bulbs as seems tight to get to them? and wat best bulb upgrade to go for been told white? cheers

you dont need to take bumper off lad to replace lights.

The best mate for headlights to xenon is a Hi Low Xenonn Kit, But i have Xenon Headlights and ICE WHITE LED sidelights and Main Beam.

Here is Link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-01-SUPER-WHITE-XENON-HID-50-FOG-BULB-KIT_W0QQitemZ220367438951QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item220367438951&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

Is that a pre-facelift you've got there ruairi? If so then it's much easier to change the headlight bulbs on them. I ended up having to take the bumper off my facelift to change mine.

I think you can get away with removing things like the battery and other bits and pieces, but taking the bumper off is really simple and you can perform some other maintenance while it's off; I found a load of dead leaves and crap blocking up my SMICs so had a chance to clean all that out and tighten the jubilee clips :thumbsup:

so these will be the closest sidelights i can get to match my xeons for color which are already on my s3? so no need to remove lights either? cheers

Is that a pre-facelift you've got there ruairi? If so then it's much easier to change the headlight bulbs on them. I ended up having to take the bumper off my facelift to change mine.

I think you can get away with removing things like the battery and other bits and pieces, but taking the bumper off is really simple and you can perform some other maintenance while it's off; I found a load of dead leaves and crap blocking up my SMICs so had a chance to clean all that out and tighten the jubilee clips :thumbsup:

wat smics and mine is 03 reg so take of bumper yeah
progress.gif

wat smics and mine is 03 reg so take of bumper yeah

SMICs are side-mounted intercoolers. They're like little radiators which help cool the air being forced into the engine by the turbo. The S3 has two of them, one on each side of the car between the bumper and the front wheels.