tyres

torkie1

s3 u no
Reaction score
can ne 1 recomend a gd set of 225 45 17 tyres for my s3 i was thinkin between 2
toyo proxes t1r
Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3

or ne other u may no dnt want realy soft 1s jus a gd set rly tanks

Hi mate, plenty of tyres threads on here so the search is your friend... I have just bought Falken FK452's from www.camskill.co.uk which are a good compromise between cost and performance. I had P-Zero Rosso's before but the FK452's are as grippy in my opinion but then I don't really drive like I stole it :)

Watch your txt speak as you will get hammered on here (http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=34463)

Finally, your link doesn't work ;)

thats about it....

<tuffty/>

Hey Torkie, I have just got a set of GSD3's on the car, pretty good and they look nice too.

Oh and as Tufty said, watch your text talk, its frowned upon.

Let us know where you are based and what sort of prices you have seen.

Also might be worth doing a search as alot of people have put threads about tyres very recently...including me :)

ya i been looking on blackcircles.com and they are pritty cheep, i think n i probs will go 4 the eagle f1 or woteva they are cos fairly cheep.i dont want nuthing 2 soft coz u no credit crunch lol thanks 4 the help do ne of u no much about dumpvalves n ****.

ps first time i have not used txt talk for ages lol

Had both eagle f1 and T1R on my S3, Have gone for another set of eagle F1's now as there so much better in the wet than the toyos.

Got mine from camskill for £280/290 posted for 4 tyres

ya i been looking on blackcircles.com and they are pritty cheep, i think n i probs will go 4 the eagle f1 or woteva they are cos fairly cheep.i dont want nuthing 2 soft coz u no credit crunch lol thanks 4 the help do ne of u no much about dumpvalves n ****.

ps first time i have not used txt talk for ages lol

and you still are................. ish

I must be getting old because i had to read that about 3 times to make any sense of it.

Dumpvalves - don't do it, need a recirc valve.

n **** - stinks i think.

Ive had Eagle F1's the only down side i see to them is 9000 miles and there shot and also both front and rear passanger side have miss shapen and made me think my wheel bearings were gone. i dont know if im going to go for them again but i just dont know what else to try......

Ive had Eagle F1's the only down side i see to them is 9000 miles and there shot and also both front and rear passanger side have miss shapen and made me think my wheel bearings were gone. i dont know if im going to go for them again but i just dont know what else to try......

Had exact same issue with my last set (sounded like wheel bearing). Got Toyo t1rs last time and much better IMHO. Quieter, just as much grip (in fact the F1s went off so much at the end that i thought i had a suspension isssue!), and good wear rate.

Ive just rang up my tyre guy and he's said there is some new goodyear come out that he has ordered me a pair for the front he told me they are directional and a similar patteren to the old vector, i thought id give them a try as he got me a good price on them

Assymetrics are the new Good Year ones he is probably on about....

No he said something else sure it started with an O and it was directional but i hadnt had a coffee when i spoke to him so cant remember. Either way i will find out tomorrow morning and report back

LOL....no worries Steve, when I went to get mine, he said that the GSD3s are getting harder to find now, and said that there might even be a likelyhood he cant get them at all and if that was the case, he said he was going to get the Assymetrics at the same price, which after reading the reviews are supposed to be very good.

Let us know what you get....oh and keep off the coffee ;)

Ive just polished off a set of goodyear f1's in the space of 5 months, bit too soft, really good grip in all weather. however i have just ordered a set of toyo's of camskill as they are on offer

dom

New ones i got were Goodyear Optigrip ill be giving them a good test tomorrow

T1R's use a very soft compund and offer huge levels of grip in the dry. Didnt rate them in the wet though. Lots of sideways action, fun but not fast.

how about theses

cid_1_3634351703web28512_mail_ukl_y.jpg

cid_2_3634351704web28512_mail_ukl_y.jpg

cid_4_3634351704web28512_mail_ukl_y.jpg

just an email i got from a mate today,along with:
These tires are airless and are scheduled to be out on the market very soon.
The bad news for law enforcement is that spike strips will not work on these.
These are actual pictures taken in the South Carolina plant of Michelin.

This might be just me, but they look wrong somehow :blink:

Will probably cost more money and until someone other than Michelin test drivers take it on a track/road and provides honest feedback, we won't know if they're any good.

do you think this is how run flats work ?

Runflats just have a much beefier sidewall to support the weight of the vehicle compared to a stock tyre.

When a standard tyres inflated the air in the tyres supporting about 98% of the weight of the car so when there's no air in them the tyres obviously flat. With a run flat they can support a much greater weight when there's a deflation so you can still drive on them for a short period of time due to the hefty sidewall.

hi goin back abit wot were the name of those new goodyear tyres coming out i dont think ne 1 mentioned them.
thanks

I dont know if they are new but they are called Optigrip i have them on the front of my S3 at the mo just scrubbing them in before i say if there worth buying over F1's

Michelin PS2's on mine. Excellent grip in all weathers. Swore by them on the M3 too

Costco are doing a deal on them at the moment. Cost me about £420 for all 4 fitted! (about a month ago)