engine mount & gear change

hooley

Reaction score
Would a new engine mount, which is causing a knocking sound, also tighten up the gear change?

Answer on a postcard, cheers
Jason

The engine mounts won't really help on the gears changes but fitting a stiffer (possibly Neuspeed) dogbone bush will help alot.

I have not so long fitted mine and allthough it is rougher on idle and pulling away at the moment it is much smoother and of cause you get less wheel spin and zero wheel hop.

Apparently when the bush beds in it becomes alot smoother.

Get one mate, cheap and very easy to fit.

Would a new engine mount, which is causing a knocking sound, also tighten up the gear change?

Answer on a postcard, cheers
Jason

I have the forge one thats been on for about 6 months and it still hasnt settled. It is still rough at idle and the car vibrates alot more. Also need more revs to pull away! Didnt notice a difference in gear changes. Im going back to standard at weekend.

yeah i have all that but i like the smoothness of it since the remap and no blasted wheel hop - used to get that alot.

You get used it i spose

I have the forge one thats been on for about 6 months and it still hasnt settled. It is still rough at idle and the car vibrates alot more. Also need more revs to pull away! Didnt notice a difference in gear changes. Im going back to standard at weekend.